About the role:
Reporting to the Group Buyer you will play an integral role in the company's manufacturing operation and be responsible for executing the company's purchasing strategy. As the day to point of contact for suppliers it is your job to work closely with all other relevant departments to ensure a smooth flow of goods and maintain a strong paperwork trail.
Duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Working with Production Planner to understand the 6 weeks production plan and place orders in advance to ensure arrives in time
- Ensuring all Purchase Order Numbers placed have been signed off correctly in accordance with company procedure
- Ordering of marketing materials, support services and any other required items.
- Liaising with the Group Buyer and Production Planner to ensure stock is ordered at the correct levels
- Develop and maintain a master supplier database ensuring all details are up to date
- Develop a "just in time" program with all major suppliers, ensuring that we are neither stockpiling nor running out of product
??Highly capable communicator at all levels.
??Excellent time management skills.
??Excellent IT Skills (especially Excel and PowerPoint).
??Experience of Sage Line 200
??Have a degree in Business or Management (desirable)
The Tangerine Group is a privately held company based in Lytham. Within the group are ten limited companies, each operating as stand-alone entities. We specialise in the manufacture and sales of animal health and nutrition products for farm and companion animals, including veterinary and equine products.
We're passionate about being the best and you should be too!