Director of Business Finance
The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) is a non-departmental public body, created through the Energy Act 2004, to ensure the safe and efficient clean-up of the UK's nuclear legacy. The mission of the NDA group is clear: 'Clean up the UK's earliest nuclear sites safely, securely and cost-effectively with care for people and the environment.'
The NDA is undergoing a change in the way it is organised, transforming how it manages some of its businesses to find more effective and efficient ways of providing nuclear clean-up and decommissioning, on behalf of the UK tax payer.
This has led to the creation of One NDA which, at its core, is a group of businesses unified by its mission - working together more effectively and efficiently. There are around 16,000 people who help deliver NDA's mission and they make up one of the most advanced nuclear workforces in the world. One NDA plans to capitalise on this wealth of experience and talent, harnessing the opportunities that come from the scale and breadth of the group.
At this exciting and challenging time, NDA is seeking to appoint a Director of Business Finance, who will report directly to the Group Chief Finance Officer.
Working in partnership with the Finance Directors, and teams across the group, you will provide a comprehensive professional financial advisory service and challenge on business performance and compliance.
- Partner with NDA group businesses to keep check on spend and fees across the group - ensuring that they are in accordance and compliance with Government guidelines
- Provide expert advice to support group business decision making
- Deliver continuous improvement and sharing best practice across the group
- Oversee the preparation of timely and accurate financial management information in line with corporate requirements and deadlines
- Undertake major project reviews
You will be:
- A fully qualified accountant with knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS, FRS)
- experienced at operating at Executive or Board level
- Confident working with a wide range of stakeholders - challenging, supporting and collaborating with them.
- Accomplished at reviewing significant and complex projects
- Be able to demonstrate strong financial experience covering project accounting and financial accounting
- An established leader and have established strong business and commercial acumen
- Experienced in managing a high calibre matrix team.
- Committed to having a positive impact on business performance.
The successful candidate will be willing to travel throughout the UK to visit the various sites and will either hold, or be capable of achieving, SC clearance.
NDA is very keen to discuss this opportunity with experienced senior finance professionals operating in a major project/programme environment. The ideal candidate is likely to come from construction, infrastructure, energy, defence, communications or a central government department with the skills and relationship building capabilities to undertake this challenging opportunity.
NDA values the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best.
To discuss this role in confidence please contact Jan McQuaker T or or Kelly Ridley T of Hays Executive.
To apply, please upload your resume and covering letter, stating why you are the ideal candidate for the position of Director of Business Finance at the NDA. Please also include details of current remuneration package.