Natural Resources Coverage Associate
Job Title: Natural Resources Coverage Associate
Corporate Title: Associate
Division: Corporate Finance Location: London
Opening Date: 13/06/2019
Closing Date: 12/07/2019
Investment Banking Coverage and Corporate Banking Germany have been brought together to provide integrated coverage expertise for the Corporate & Investment Bank. The group delivers the most appropriate products across advisory, capital markets, risk management and transaction banking to both the C-Suite and Treasurer. Clients include major corporates, financial institutions, financial sponsors, governments and sovereigns around the world.
- Coordinating and assisting in origination and execution of Mergers & Acquisitions, Leverage Finance and Equity Capital Markets transactions
- Supporting senior bankers in the coverage effort of key accounts across the Natural Resources Group
- Conducting sector and company research, quantitative analysis, company valuation, credit analysis and financial modelling
- Engaging with clients, other advisers and senior investment bankers in both origination and execution projects
- Taking an active and productive role in live projects and developing an understanding of our clients' businesses
- Preparing complex financial analysis and models
- Supporting the preparation of client presentations and pitches
- Speaking to Corporates on a daily basis - market updates, board reports, ad hoc analysis
Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant Corporate Finance experience supporting the origination and execution of transactions
- Represents an understanding of complex deals, execution of transactions (Mergers and Financing)
- Solid understanding/deal experience within the Natural Resources sector (oil and Gas, Metals and Mining)
- Some experience in the technology sector of Investment Banking would be ideal
- Experience of financial valuation, modelling and conducting due diligence on new proposals
- Strong quantitative, numerical and analytical skills
- Ability and presence to represent the firm before management teams and other deal professionals
- A strong commitment to integrity, professionalism and teamwork
- High levels of initiative and ingenuity, high pro-activity levels and drive
Diversity, inclusion and mutual respect are essential elements of who we are. These values define the working environment we strive to create - engaging, supportive and welcoming of different views. We believe innovation stems from intellectual curiosity alongside the right mix of skills and talents. Therefore, we embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds. The company promotes equality of opportunity and encourages the development of all employees to their full potential. We are open to agile working arrangements - talk to us about flexibility and other initiatives we offer.
We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and national or ethnic origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying and discrimination.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.