Visitor Business & Experience Design Co-ordinator
In this role, and as part of a new national team, you'll be supporting the co-ordination of two important initiatives for the National Trust: The first is 'Experience Design'; this is our in-house strategic approach to designing visitor offer at our properties. The second focuses on how our visitor operations manage and respond to visitor business growth. If you're interested in this role, please carry on reading...
What it's like to work here
We're bigger than you think, we're more complicated than we appear and we're larger scale than you'd imagine. We've got passionate people in all our teams, and we've got so much more we want to achieve. We're for ever, for everyone and we really mean that. We don't want to stop at 5.5 million members and we want everyone to feel welcome and enjoy access to our places, so we need to reach new audiences in ways that are meaningful and relevant to them without losing the hearts and minds of those that are already with us.
Our central head office Heelis, is situated in Swindon, Wiltshire. We're well placed, with ample parking nearby, a shopping outlet with plenty of options for places to eat, and the town centre only a 10 minute walk away. Alternatively you can enjoy our open plan atrium space for lunch times, with our internal caf?? available every day.
What you'll be doing
This is a new role working as part of a new team. You'll be:
- Cordinating key meetings and decision forums and preparing agendas, papers and reports.
- Ensuring that the tools we use to communicate about Experience Design and Managing Visitor Business Growth are up to date and fit for purpose. This includes updating email distribution lists, intranet pages and a Team Site.
- Arranging and supporting the delivery of professional development for those who lead Experience Design in the regions/countries.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role you'll need to:
- Enjoy at working as part of team with a flexible customer focused approach
- A self-starter, able to work on own initiative, to manage and prioritise own workload
- You'll be very familiar with visitor experience and have previous related work experience
- You'll have experience of creating, editing and managing internal communications
- You will be confident at dealing with multiple stakeholders and co-ordinating multiple streams of work
- Great organisational skills are essential
Benefits include flexible working whenever possible plus free parking at most locations. You'll be entitled to discounts in high street stores and cinemas, National Trust shops and NT cafes, and have free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18).
Your health and wellbeing is important to us and is supported through generous annual leave and the option to buy additional days (minimum contract length applies), a cycle to work scheme, subsidised health cash plan and confidential access to a free support service 24 hours a day should you need it.
Your future financial health is helped by an employer matched - up to 10% of basic salary - contributory pension scheme and you can further your career with training and development tailored to you.
All of this and the opportunity to give something back to your community with up to 5 days of paid volunteering per year!