Head of People Strategy - Projects
Job Title: Head of People Strategy - Projects
Up to 18-months Fixed Term Contract
Location: Flexible (Herdus House, Cumbria, Warrington, Cheshire) with willingness to travel regularly throughout the UK
Salary: GBPCommensurate with experience, including excellent benefits package
The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) is a non-departmental public body, created through the Energy Act 2004, to ensure the safe and efficient clean-up of the UK's nuclear legacy. The mission of the NDA group is clear: 'Clean up the UK's earliest nuclear sites safely, securely and cost-effectively with care for people and the environment.'
The NDA is undergoing a change in the way it is organised, transforming how it manages some of its businesses to find more effective and efficient ways of providing nuclear clean-up and decommissioning, on behalf of the UK tax payer.
This has led to the creation of One NDA which, at its core, is a group of businesses unified by its mission - working together more effectively and efficiently. There are around 16,000 people who help deliver NDA's mission and they make up one of the most advanced nuclear workforces in the world. One NDA plans to capitalise on this wealth of experience and talent, harnessing the opportunities that come from the scale and breadth of the group.
At this exciting and challenging time, the NDA is seeking to appoint a Head of People Strategy - Projects on a Fixed Term Contract basis for up to 18 months, who will report directly to the Head of Group People Strategy.
The successful candidate will lead, coordinate and facilitate the alignment of group-wide HR policies, strategies and standards - according to the NDA People Strategy and our principles of 'lead, govern, share and engage'.
- Support the development and implementation of the NDA group HR Strategy
- Strategic alignment of core strategies with government legislation and policy (e.g. Reporting of Gender Pay Gap, public sector Equality Duty - co-ownership with colleagues)
- Facilitate the collaboration between NDA, its group HR functions and associated stakeholders for best practice, innovation and delivery of objectives
- Lead the development and implementation of Group wide HR policies and practices (e.g. talent and succession management, compensation and benefits, employee relations ). Lead the HR input into Group wide operating manuals
- Lead HR related projects as identified by an enduring and agile People Strategy, with successful delivery via successful stakeholder relationships (internal and external)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- CIPD qualified
- Substantial experience in human resources leadership, ideally in a range of policy and delivery positions.
- Considerable experience in managing, challenging and advising on HR standards and strategy
- Strong influencer of stakeholders, and track record in aligning multiple views and perspectives
NDA is very keen to discuss this opportunity with experienced senior HR professionals with significant project experience, and the right skills and relationship building capabilities to undertake this challenging and exciting opportunity.
NDA values the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best.
To discuss this role in confidence or request a Candidate Brief, please contact Andrew Timlin or Raj Soneji of Hays Executive on T
To apply, please upload your resume and covering letter, stating why you are the ideal candidate for the position of Head People Strategy - Projects at the NDA. Please also include details of current remuneration package.
Closing date for applications: 21 st June 2019
NDA interviews: Early July 2019
Please note: The above dates may be subject to change