Senior Buyer- general consultant
SENIOR BUYER JOB OPPORTUNITY LOCATED IN WARWICK
JOB TITLE- SENIOR BUYER (GENERAL MANAGEMENT CONSULTANCY)
DURATION - 6-9 MONTH CONTRACT
My client is an international electricity and gas company and one of the largest investors owned Energy companies in the world. They play a vital role in delivering gas and electricity to many millions of people across Great Britain and North-Eastern US in an efficient, reliable and safe manner.
The Senior Buyer is responsible for strategic procurement operations within the aligned business area(s). The role will partner the Category Manager in delivery of Sourcing Events. This will involve engaging and building strong and established working relationships with stakeholders to identify business needs, ensuring we understand the supply chains and developing and implementing effective sourcing strategies, so we can offer the best solutions.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Deliver multiple strategic sourcing events within portfolio, working with stakeholders to understand and challenge demand and ensure the best possible solutions
- Input into the development and execution of sourcing strategy for allocated category and execute standardised strategic sourcing processes from market engagement through to award, ensuring goods / services are procured in a best-in-class manner that drives value.
- Work with Contract Managers to ensure the successful delivery of contracted activities, identifying continuous improvement opportunities through engagement with suppliers and stakeholders, and maximizing value for money from contracts awarded.
- Delivering value by effectively managing tender events for key products required by the business.
- Scope and develop regional contractual agreements that meet the customer stakeholder requirements and expectations.
- Support the overall development and delivery of assigned category strategy and share best practice across other category teams (as appropriate).
- Profile category characteristics and research supply markets, suppliers and assess trends, opportunities and risks feeding insights into the Global teams and Market and Supplier Development teams (as appropriate).
- Contribute to an effective forward planning process by identifying future requirements of supported areas and ensure robust forecasting is put in place that maximises value of goods / services procured.
- Role model excellence in procurement standards, taking a proactive role in providing guidance to Buyers and Associate Buyers to ensure best-in-class methodologies are adopted and utilized.
Experience Relevant for the role:
- Significant experience of strategic sourcing and category management
- An understanding of project management principles and ideally evidence of managing multiple projects and consistently delivering outstanding results.
- Ability to prepare for and to lead negotiations.
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.
Please email me