TRANSPORT MANAGER - Bristol - cGBP30k - GBP35k + Bens
Strive Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations, please visit our website at www .strive .co .uk or join us on twitter at twitter. com /strivellp for further vacancies and information.
Our client is a well established, national construction products supplier with many Depots across the UK. They place a real emphasis on providing first-class customer service and recognise that this is only achieved through a committed and professional workforce & a highly efficient transport operation.
Therefore we have now been tasked with finding them an excellent Transport Manager to work at their busy Bristol Depot.
- To have a good level of understanding of the Operations needs of the Branch, including the Group Health & Safety requirements
- Day to day transport responsibilities including driver management, KPI reviews, service delivery optimisation & cost control.
- Full and thorough management of the Branches Transport function
- Liaising with the Sales and Operations Departments to ensure all activities are satisfactorily completed and promoting good working relationships to maximise performance
- To build a good level of product knowledge and be able to allocate and prioritise workload for the team to ensure efficiency
- Ensure that vehicles required for a service are presented when scheduled or requested
- Look for continuous improvement in your area
Experience / Knowledge / Skills Required:
- A proven transport manager with a track record of improving service delivery to the customer.
- Working knowledge of health and safety legislation relevant to the workplace
- Ability to communicate with confidence to a wide range of stakeholders
- Capable of working within a team and individually
- Strong people manager, who can lead and develop an effective team
- An ability to manage your workload and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to influence at all levels
- A good communicator, both in-person and over the phone. You will be professional, approachable and friendly
- Strong computer skills - including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to follow and provide clear instructions
- Strong organisational skills
This role is important to ensure that they meet and wherever, possible exceed the levels of service expected by customers and suppliers. The position is ideally suited to someone who enjoys a challenge and can work well under pressure.
Full training will be provided on the job for all aspects of the role, as part of your employment.
We look forward to your application.