Model Risk Management - Regulatory Framework Specialist
Job Title: Model Risk Management - Regulatory Framework Specialist
Corporate Title: Vice President
Division: Risk Location: London
Opening Date: 13/06/2019
Closing Date: 11/07/2019
The Model Risk Management (MoRM) team independently controls the Bank's model risk that arises from the development, implementation and use of models that inform strategic decision-making across the Bank. The Chief Operating Office team within MoRM is in charge of Strategy & Business Management, Audit & Regulation, Operation, Infrastructures and Change Management. You'll be joining the Regulatory Management, Audit and Quality Assurance team, which is responsible for ensuring full oversight and control of all regulatory interactions, adequacy of internal controls, assessment, analysis and regulatory remediation across MoRM.
- Engaging in high-impact interactions with global regulators and auditors
- Coordinating front-to-back responses to audit requests, meetings/workshops and audit findings
- Designing remediation approach and engaging inter-departmental effort in addressing regulatory/audit findings towards closure
- Managing internal/external reporting and regular/ad-hoc Management Information
- Leading global gap analysis on material regulations/consultation papers pertinent to model risk, devise remediation planning and reporting to senior management/regulators
- Representing MoRM in Risk-wide forums to support regulatory and finding management initiatives
- Driving global quality assurance on model risk control and validation across model classes, identify gaps against governance, control, risk reporting, weaknesses in validation and design process/control enhancements
- Supervising projects from initiation to completion related to Divisional or Internal Control Officer activities, such as Top Risk profile, Model Risk Control Assessments, Risk Data Aggregation/Risk Reporting and General Data Protection Regulation Assessment
Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Model Risk and Banking Regulations
- Extensive experience in a Model Risk, Regulatory, Compliance, Audit or Risk function or in positions giving model risk exposure
- Highly analytical in approach, capable of identifying pertinent outcomes and understanding their impact
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to proactively initiate, develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members, including stakeholders, demonstrating the ability to cooperate with a variety of people
- Highly organised, an excellent planner and strong attention to detail
- Experienced in delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a proven ability to adapt and be responsive to changing requirements
- Able to work with both a high degree of independence and as part of a team
- Excellent team player, demonstrating an ability to understand the broader picture and end-to-end processes, identifying dependencies and potential road blocks
- Able to negotiate and positively influence people at appropriate levels within the organisation
Diversity, inclusion and mutual respect are essential elements of who we are. These values define the working environment we strive to create - engaging, supportive and welcoming of different views. We believe innovation stems from intellectual curiosity alongside the right mix of skills and talents. Therefore, we embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds. The company promotes equality of opportunity and encourages the development of all employees to their full potential. We are open to agile working arrangements - talk to us about flexibility and other initiatives we offer.
We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and national or ethnic origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying and discrimination.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.