Nurse / Midwife Practitioner
£27,555 - £33,679 per annum pro rata (please note that this is a BPAS Salary Band and the exact Agenda For Change Band values are not applicable. Please see ‘additional information’ on our website for more details).
28.5 hours per week | Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9.30am - 5.30pm and Saturday 8.30am - 2.30pm
Please note this role will cover our units based in Taunton & Weston super Mare.
Are you an experienced Registered Nurse or Registered Midwife looking for the next step within your career?
At bpas, we’re looking for a Nurse (or Midwife) Practitioner to come and join our friendly, client-focused team. As a Nurse (or Midwife) Practitioner, you will provide abortion and sexual health information, pre-treatment assessment and treatment to our clients in a supportive manner, either face to face or via the telephone.
• Carry out point of care testing, including pregnancy tests and venipuncture if necessary, and to give results to clients.
• Assess the gestation of the pregnancy by ultra sound scanning and establish that the client is sure of her decision to request a termination, and ensure that the reason complies with the terms of the Abortion Act.
• Discuss, inform and confirm the client’s future choice of contraception, and provide/fit where relevant, and provide information on STI testing, undertake tests and provide results to clients.
• Make arrangements for the admission of clients, notifying any specific requirements (medical or physical) where necessary and complete all the referral documentation.
• Undertake the care, support and observation of the client during the peri/post-operative period, including treatment and recovery areas, reporting any abnormal recording to the person in charge.
You will be a Registered Nurse or Registered Midwife (practicing) with excellent general nursing experience. You’ll have experience of completing client documentation to a high and accurate standard, and will be used to working to guidelines, policies and procedures in a healthcare environment.
We are also looking for:
• Knowledge of health & safety and COSHH requirements, along with infection control
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build good working relationships across an organisation
• Good listening skills, with attention to detail when completing all administrative work
• Commitment to a client-led service with a professional and positive attitude towards work and enjoys working as part of a team
• Prepared to be vaccinated against Hepatitis B, and able to travel to others sites for training.
To apply for this role, please visit our website