Graduate Trainee Solution Developer
AMBITIOUS GRADUATE NEEDED
SF Recruitment are looking for recent graduates for an exciting opportunity within a leading financial services organisation, in a software development role for a 2 year graduate scheme. Starting salary is GBP18,000 - GBP22,000 per annum.
No prior experience in Financial Services or in software development is required, but a minimum of A-level Maths is essential, as they provide a training programme covering all aspects of the role, including the programming languages we use, how to write specifications, and the different functionalities of our core product. You will also receive training on the stockbroking and fund management industries, our core software system, how our clients use our product, and how to analyse our clients' business requirements.
Within 2 years, trainees will normally progress to fully qualified developers. Beyond this we provide staff with excellent career development opportunities, and pride ourselves on developing from within, testament to which is that the majority of the senior management team joined initially as graduates.
Career opportunities within the company are highly varied, with successful candidates able to further their careers by staying within a technical role, or moving into other areas such as project management, senior analyst/product owner, team leading, consultancy, or client relationship management.
Within this role you'll be involved in software support and development projects of varying size and complexity, working with our clients to provide them with new and innovative software solutions that help them to successfully meet their business goals.
Experience in a customer facing job, even part time or on a voluntary basis, will be a definite advantage.
This role will involve working on client sites so candidates must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both spoken and written, as well as the ability to explain very technical ideas in a simple and easy to understand way. In addition they should be able to quickly understand and respond to a client's needs, able to adapt to changing situations, and work well to deadlines.
Graduates will need to have a good degree, and a strong numerical background (probably with an A grade in A-level Mathematics or equivalent).
They must have strong analytical skills, good attention to detail and strong problem-solving abilities.
They will be confident, out-going people with an interest in helping others and learning about the financial sector, and stockbroking in particular.
Salary & Benefits
- Bonuses: Eligible to join the bonus scheme (bonus is paid annually and is based on personal performance and the achievement of specific objectives and competencies)
- Company Share Option Plan: Subject to Board approval, eligible to participate in the Company Share Option Plan
- Holidays: 25 days per year plus bank and public holidays
- Pension 7% matched contributions, operated through salary sacrifice
- Other Benefits: Private Healthcare Scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Employee Assistance Programme, Death in Service benefit, Income Protection Scheme, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Monthly Entertainments Allowance, Friday Night drinks
- Working Hours: 35 hours per week, 7 hours per day, with 1 hour for lunch per day
- Notice Period: 1 month