Weston-super-Mare, Somerset (with travel to our other offices and client sites)
Are you an accountancy or tax professional looking to broaden your knowledge? Want to join a well-established business that will invest in your abilities? If so, this is a great opportunity to take your next step as a Tax Assistant.
Established in 1969, Burton Sweet are a leading provider of accounting, personal tax and business support services. We are passionate about delivering a high-quality service to our client base which includes individuals and businesses, from start-ups to well-established group practices.
We’re now looking for a Tax Assistant to join us on a full or part time basis and complete US tax returns to a high standard.
- Salary of up to £25,000 per annum
- Pension scheme (5% employer and 3% employee contributions)
- PHI scheme
- Occupational sick pay scheme
- 28 days’ holiday (rising to 33 with service)
- Support towards your continued professional development
- Full training in US tax
As a company and as individuals, the guiding principles that we champion and uphold above all others are expertise, commitment and value.
Fostering a positive, challenging and rewarding environment, we’ll support you to gain expertise in a specialist area and gain professional qualifications, making this the ideal role in which to enhance your future prospects.
As a Tax Assistant, you will complete a range of US tax returns and ensure clients receive a high-quality service.
Once you’ve been fully trained, you will:
- Prepare self-assessment tax returns for High Net Worth individuals
- Assist with other self-assessment tax returns when required
- Help colleagues with tax-related queries
- Occasionally travel to our other sites and client sites to provide support
To join us as a Tax Assistant, you’ll need:
- At least 12 months’ accountancy or tax experience
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- A great eye for detail
- To be flexible and adaptable
- The ability to work well as part of a team
We’d like to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Tax Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Finance Assistant, Junior Tax Advisory Assistant, Personal Tax Assistant, Corporate Tax Assistant, Accounts Clerk or Finance Clerk.
Webrecruit and Burton Sweet are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Tax Assistant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.