Vehicle Workshop Supervisor
Vehicle Workshop Supervisor - Immingham
Circa GBP36,500 basic salary per annumand a range of attractive benefits including 25 days annual leave (excl. bank holidays) and private medical insurance
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future???
Calor is an exciting and inspiring company to work for, where investment in our people's skills and knowledge is integral to our success. We ensure a supportive and inclusive working environment which is underpinned by our culture of expertise, safety and trust. These things allow us to lead the way in terms of sustainability, innovation and personal development.
As the lead supplier in the UK LPG market, things rarely stand still for us. From humble beginnings, and as part of SHV Energy, Calor has continued to develop and diversify, ensuring that our service offering is expansive, progressive and relevant to our customers. It is our people that enable us to do that, which is why they are the heart of our business.
Our site in Immingham are looking to recruit a proactive and experienced Vehicle Workshop Supervisor to plan and organise all maintenance, repairs, MOT, ADR and Insurance tests as efficiently and safely as possible and within agreed company standards and schedules as required by the Transport Engineering Policy.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To manage and control day to day running of the vehicle workshops as efficiently as possible.
- Strong budgetary / cost control, being aware of all the financial aspects within the workshops.
- To ensure the highest level of safety is enforced at all times in the working environment.
- To plan and schedule the maintenance workload to ensure compliance with Transport Engineering standards.
- To ensure company vehicles are maintained efficiently so that resources are always available to meet business demands..
- Liaise with line management, Transport Engineering Department in Head Office and the Fleet Maintenance Manager as required.
- Be able to liaise effectively with VOSA .
- Respond to Company Emergencies and Breakdowns as and when required.
- Develop, train and motivate staff under your control to ensure the correct level of knowledge experience and customer service is maintained.
- To manage all safety systems relating to the use of permit to Work system, risk assessments and safety audits.
- To manage & control the computerised maintenance & purchasing systems to ensure measured results at all times.
- Monitor individual performance of the workshop team , acting as first line manager in disciplinary matters.
As such we would like you to:
- Be capable of supervising a team of vehicle technicians.
- Ideally have sound experience of working on LPG or petroleum type vehicles - preferable.
- Hold a current Category C&E driving licence and ideally a current ADR Vocational Training Certificate - preferable.
- Have strong written, verbal and IT communications skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and to meet objectives.
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach with the ability to work well in a team.
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills and attention to detail with the ability to prioritise workload to meet the requirements of the business.
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK and hold a full driving licence that is valid for you to drive in the UK.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.