Financial Accountant - 6 months FTC (m/f/d)
LendInvest is looking for a commercially minded Financial Accountant to join our expanding finance team. Reporting into our Finance Manager, you will play a key role in the group finance function, ensuring consistently accurate financial reporting and proper financial control over your funding lines, products and cost centres.
What's the team like
Our team is growing fast and is a diverse and outgoing bunch, with strong credentials and experience gained from a variety of industries. We work together to support the business's needs and you'll see tangible outputs and decisions being made as a direct result of your work.
What you'll be doing
- Owning the reporting and analysis process for legal entities within the group, alongside ownership of product P&Ls and opex cost centres.
- Ensuring reconciliations between the loan servicers, bank and finance systems are performed daily and following through on differences;
- Reviewing auto posted borrower interest charges and fees to ensure no discrepancies between finance and loan systems;
- Reviewing daily bank reconciliations performed by the Finance Operations team and following through on differences;
- Preparation and posting of month end journals such as prepayments and funding line accruals;
- Performing analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts including intercompany balances;
- Undertaking detailed review and analysis of monthly P&Ls to support business decision making;
- Interpreting and communicating financial information against budget & forecast to non-financial exec heads of departments;
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management information including segmented profit and loss accounts, balance sheets, cash flows and commentaries;
- Preparing files for external audit review and assisting with the bi-annual annual;
- Preparing annual statutory accounts under IFRS or FRS 101 for audit;
- Preparing direct/indirect tax returns;
- Assisting the business with the implementation of new funding lines and products;
- Monitoring and enforcing financial policies, controls and procedures across the business;
- Representing the Finance team to the wider business.
What we'll need you to have
- Newly qualified or post qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent;
- Experience working in fast paced start up environment
What we'd like you to have
- Experience of working within a financial accounting role;
- Strong fundamental accounting skills;
- Strong Excel / financial analytical skills including the ability to provide clear, meaningful commentary;
- Strong organisational, planning and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to mentor and influence both within and outside the finance team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail, efficient and organised; and
- Ability to work well under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Previous experience of working with Netsuite would be good.
What you'll get in return
- Matched pension contributions
- Private Healthcare (Vitality scheme)
- Discretionary share-option scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- 25 days holiday
- Enhance maternity/paternity pay
- Company eye tests
- Subsidised gym membership via PerkBox
- Various other discounts/benefits via PerkBox
- Open bar from 5.30pm (4pm on Fridays)
- Cooked lunch on Friday's from a local restaurant
- A selection of breakfast cereals and fresh fruits and snacks are available each day
- A MacBook or similar and everything else you need to do your job