Job Title: Caretaker (RC050)
Grade 5, £24,445 – £27,608 pa (inclusive of local weighting), full time, 37 hours per week, Based both in Hertford and Bishops Stortford. Closing date is 12th July at 5pm.
About the role
An opportunity for an experienced Caretaker has become available as part of the Facilities Management team.
This motivated and highly professional team is looking for an individual committed to excellence in their work and with a passion for detail to work on a shift rota with a team of Caretakers covering early opening and late closure of the authority’s operational buildings.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- To ensure that Services and facilities at the Council’s operational buildings are maintained to a good standard at all times on a daily basis
- To provide first line technical support for security and presentation systems, and to carry out routine maintenance duties, general handyman jobs, portering duties and various housekeeping activities.
- To overs a wide range of routine contractor services to ensure that work is carried out safely and to specific standards.
- Carry out periodic inspections tests on equipment to comply with appropriate legislation
- To work as an integral part of the wider Corporate Property Services Team to deliver Service outcomes
This role will suit a focused, enthusiastic team player who enjoys a working in a structured environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- GCSE English and Maths
- Current Driving Licence, with no serious endorsements
- experience within a busy office/working environment
- Basic IT skills in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Good communication skills
- experience of Health and Safety Testing (PAT inspections, Water Monitoring)
East Herts is consistently rated as amongst the best areas in the country to live, with excellent schools and healthcare, a huge array of green space, beautiful waterways, unique market towns and picturesque villages. We also enjoy high levels of employment and a diverse local economy.
The vision of the Council is to provide East Hertfordshire residents and businesses with a future that is prosperous and sustainable. In order to achieve this, a number of strategic objectives have been developed, which allow the Council in conjunction with its many partners to focus on the key issues that concern the residents of East Hertfordshire.
Whatever their role, everyone contributes to delivering great services to our local community. Our vision is to preserve the unique character of East Herts and ensure it remains one of the best places to live and work. To accomplish this, our focus is to improve the health and wellbeing of our communities, enhance the quality of people's lives and enable a flourishing local economy.
Our team is at the very heart of our council – we recognise that together with our elected members, we make the difference to our local communities. We are dedicated to staff development and individual success within a team framework. To help our staff deliver, we provide a supportive work environment, development opportunities and work to help everyone achieve their potential, whilst enjoying a positive work-life balance.
Benefits of working for us
- Free tea and coffee
- Local Government pension scheme
- Generous annual leave
- A range of discounts including high street retailers and local leisure centres
- Professional environment where your career path really matters and your development is supported by the organisation
- Flexible and supportive team
As part of our Green Travel agenda we actively encourage employees to explore more economical and eco-friendly means of travel to work, e.g. public transport, cycle, walk or car share, and support this through a number of initiatives such as Liftshare.
How to apply
Full details and how to apply can be found on our website
Closing date: 12th July at 5pm.
CVs will not be accepted.
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date please assume that your application has not been successful.
If your application has been successful, the recruiting manager will contact you to invite you to an interview. We hope you enjoy the process and look forward to making contact with you very soon.
EHC is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity