Funds Lawyer (m/f/d)
We are looking for a mid-level solicitor to join our Legal Team. Working as part of a small Legal Team, you'll be providing support primarily to our funds team (but also to the wider business) on a range of legal issues, including structuring, distribution, marketing and regulatory matters. You will be a valued team member with a valued input.
Who we are looking for
The successful candidate will have trained at a leading law firm and will have significant alternative investment fund experience. Experience in fintech, tech, regulation and property would be advantageous.
You'll be approachable and have great people and communication skills; being able to work with and discuss legal issues with people from all walks of life and experience. You'll be looking for a great opportunity to work somewhere exciting and will welcome the ability to progress and develop quickly, with an eye on the long term. Part-time applicants will be considered.
What you'll be doing
The successful candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Funds - AIFs in UK and Luxembourg - structuring, distribution, processes, marketing, governance
- Regulatory - regulatory permissions, AIFMD, Mifid II, experience with Luxembourg regulations advantageous, GDPR, SMCR
- Tech efficiencies, processes and automation
- Commercial contracts
- Horizon scanning
Does this sound like you? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
What we'd need you to have
- English law qualified solicitor (3 years PQE+ or equivalent)
- Ideally some experience of dealing with specialist lenders, alternative investment funds, fintech, online investment platforms or marketplaces, high-growth scale-ups.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply themselves to pick up new skills.
What we'd like you to have
- Thorough, methodical, professional and committed to the cause
- Ability to demonstrate a 'can do', solution-driven attitude
- Ability to simplify
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Happy to get stuck in!
What you'll get in return
- Matched pension contributions
- Private Healthcare (Vitality scheme)
- Season Ticket Loan
- Discretionary share-option scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Enhance maternity/paternity pay
- Company eye tests
- Subsidised gym membership via PerkBox
- Various other discounts/benefits via PerkBox
- Open bar from 5.30pm (4pm on Fridays)
- Cooked lunch on Friday's from a local restaurant
- A selection of breakfast cereals and fresh fruits and snacks are available each day
- A MacBook or similar and everything else you need to do your job