Our client, a successful and well-respected financial services organisation, are currently recruiting for a Mortgage Underwriter to join their Mortgage Department.
The main purpose of the role is to provide an efficient and professional mortgage underwriting service to the members, customers and intermediaries through compliant regulated meetings.
The successful candidate will have previous underwriting experience and be CeMap qualified (or industry equivalent).
- Process mortgage Decision in Principle (DIP) requests from intermediaries within SLA.
- Process mortgage applications on in house software system and complete all procedural administrative documentation efficiently liaising with the customer during the application process.
- Maintain accurate records and notes throughout all stages of the mortgage application.
- To approve mortgage applications (direct and introduced) within specified limits in accordance with the business's Lending Policy.
- To consider mortgage applications outside standard lending policy where a justifiable business reason exist.
- To present out of criteria cases to Credit Risk Committee with appropriate recommendations and rationale.
- To maintain professional business relationships with BDMs, mortgage introducers and external contacts, providing information
- This role is a certified role under the certification scheme.
- CeMap qualified or industry equivalent.
- 5 GCSE at Grade C or above including Maths and English or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience of Microsoft packages including word & excel.
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail