Real Estate Loan Agency - Client Services Manager
- The jobholder will work as part of a team dedicated to performing the role of Facility Agent under syndicated loan facilities. The jobholder will be primarily responsible for a portfolio of clients/deals, and will be required to display a strong commitment to maintaining and improving a quality client service proposition. The jobholder will be required to work with internal teams, both onshore and offshore, to maximise the client experience of dealing with HSBC from mandate through to final repayment, as well as being directly responsible for managing the non-operational aspects of the deals.
Impact on Business
- The jobholder will have prime responsibility for a portfolio of client relationships where they relate directly to the syndicated loan deals on which we are appointed as facility agent.
- The jobholder will be required to work with internal teams from mandate to ensure that the onboarding and closing of the deal is professionally executed, and that potential operational issues are flagged and addressed in advance; to build and develop the relationship with the client, to act as an advocate for the client within HSBC; be the main point of contact (for both internal and external parties) for escalation of issues, and take ownership of the action plans to resolve performance issues (both from a CTLA and a Client perspective).
- The jobholder will be required to display a strong client service work ethic, ensuring that customer requirements are understood; that our requirements and processes are explained; and that they display a commitment to service delivery that demonstrates that the client is at the heart of everything that we do. Ensure 'treating customers fairly' key are adhered to at all times. Agree and adhere to an annual client visitation plan, and cascade client surveys to clients to solicit feedback.
- The jobholder will, in addition to having full deal oversight, be required to manage the non-operational aspects of these deals. This will include the deal closing process (including conditions precedent/
subsequent matters); the managing of amendments, waivers and consent with internal and external parties (including client, lenders and counsel); managing internal processes (such as annual client reviews, internal escalation for problem/defaulted deals); and acting as a focal point for deal issue escalation.
- Ongoing work requests that fall outside the normal scope of the role should be assessed, and if necessary referred to Business Development for possible discussion regarding repricing. Develop strong client relationship to seek out both retentive and new business opportunities.
- The jobholder will be expected to display a strong understanding of risk control matters, identifying areas for possible improvement together with providing and implementing solutions. Completion of BRRs in a timely and accurate manner, assessing any non-core service for operational viability. Awareness of industry developments. Identify process/technology improvements for clients that will benefit client experience.
- Provide advice and guidance for junior members of the team and KL Operations where required, and act as an escalation point for local management.
- CTLA operates in both the Debt Capital Markets and the Bank Debt Market (principally the Syndicated Loan Market) and manages a mix of business generation, documentation, operation, and relationship management/customer interface with a broad spectrum of globally based clients. Regular contact will be maintained with a very wide variety of both internal and external customers in a number of locations. The diversity of both customer and location requires the jobholder to be flexible, proactive and up to date on current market standards and practices.