Sopra Steria Recruitment are looking for an Intelligence Officer, for their client based in London
- Collect, evaluate, prioritise and assess information to produce quality intelligence products on individuals and/or organisations involved in non-compliant or criminal activity in breach of PSIA or other legisaltion, in line with SIA strategies, polices and customer requirements, within agreed timescales.
- Build strong working relationships with colleagues across the SIA, Law Enforcement Authorities, other government departments, regulators and representatives of the Private Security Industry eg industry associations, security providers and academia.
- Represent I&RM at internal and external operational meetings to increase the lawful and secure flow of information.
- Work flexibly and be able to organise and adapt your workload to support priority projects/cases.
- Working proactively in support SIA frontline operations, delivering face to face briefings and providing operational support through Real Time intelligence activity.
- You will be expected to demonstrate the professional behaviours associated with a customer focused organisation.
- Manage all aspects of the intelligence process and deliver high quality intelligence products often within tight deadlines, which support strategic, tactical or operational outcomes.
- Lead intelligence development, ensuring that collection activity is deployed effectively in response to the Control Strategy and Intelligence Requirements and priorities.
- Provide liaison with internal and external partners, regularly checking activity is generating actionable intelligence.
- Task briefing and debriefing activity and monitor quality of debriefs produced to ensure that high quality actionable intelligence is gathered.
- Ensure all appropriate Intelligence processes comply with SIA Quality and Standards and Risk guidance and policies.
- Manage the review, retention, dissemination and disposal of all Intelligence and information held, in line with legislative requirement and internal policies.
- Lead I&RM internal and external partner engagement ensuring that it is effective, taking every opportunity to develop both new and existing relationships, quality referrals and close avenues of PSIA abuse.
- Lead operational planning meetings and represent I&RM at P&I TCMs when required.
- Deliver presentations and briefings as required.
- Share intelligence, in accordance with internal policy and legislation, with relevant partners to ensure outcomes are achieved.
Relevant Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Display knowledge of the principles of the National Intelligence Model, and your role within this process.
- Experience in the collection, collation, evaluation and assessment of open and closed source information to create quality, timely and actionable intelligence.
- Uses and applies the correct legislation to tasks; current knowledge and understanding of Criminal Procedures and Investigations Act (CPIA), Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE), Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act, Data Protection Act, PSIA and Freedom of Information Act.
- Maintain standards of professional practice, taking responsibility for updating self and team on changes in legislation, policies, procedures within SIA, Law Enforcement and wider intelligence environment.
- Competently evaluates information, turning it into coherent, actionable intelligence through the 3X5X2 model.
- Produces and delivers timely intelligence assessments to internal and external stakeholders in clear jargon free NIM aligned products.
- Experience in the preparation and presentation of reports, charts, products and ability to make Partner Information Exchange (PIE) recommendations based on the findings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal confidently, assertively and diplomatically with people at all levels of our and external organisations.
- Is able to identify and collaborate with all partners to ensure information and intelligence is utilised effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to adapt skills dependent upon customer requirements.
- Demonstrates high-level computer literacy with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft CRM and IBM iBase applications including the inputting, exporting and storage of data.
- Experienced in setting goals and objectives in order to ensure personal development of self.
- The post holder will be a good team player whilst being comfortable working independently, having an ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Criminal Justice experience in Intelligence and/or Investigation within past two years and be able to demonstrate this.
- UK driving licence
- IPP Intelligence Professionalisation Program accreditation, or:
- Level 4 Diploma - Accredited Counter-Fraud Specialist/Officer
- Level 4 Diploma - Accredited Counter-Fraud Manager
- BTEC Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Enforcement (Investigation)
- BTEC level 3 Advanced Diploma in Enforcement (Intelligence)
- BTEC level 4 in Counter Fraud Intelligence Specialist Professionalising Investigation Program 2
Sopra Steria Recruitment is committed to barrier-free and inclusive recruitment. We are a Disability Confident recruiter, and a RIDI 100 and Business Disability Forum partner organisation.
Should you choose to contact Sopra Steria Recruitment regarding this role or apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can find on our website.