Production Lead Operative - Saxham
Production Lead Operative - Saxham
Circa GBP23,560 per annum depending on experience
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future???
Calor is an exciting and inspiring company to work for, where investment in our people's skills and knowledge is integral to our success. We ensure a supportive and inclusive working environment which is underpinned by our culture of expertise, safety and trust. These things allow us to lead the way in terms of sustainability, innovation and personal development.
As the lead supplier in the UK LPG market, things rarely stand still for us. From humble beginnings, and as part of SHV Energy, Calor has continued to develop and diversify, ensuring that our service offering is expansive, progressive and relevant to our customers. It is our people that enable us to do that, which is why they are the heart of our business.
We are seeking to recruit a Production Lead Operative to provide guidance and supervision to the cylinder refurbishment direct and agency teams to safely achieve production targets across all disciplines within the reconditioning plan
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure plant staff operate to CAL304 & UKAS standards at all times
- Operate the site to all SHE guidelines leading safe working practices by example
- Supervise efficient production runs in line with business requirements and available resources
- Participate in weekly stock checks and investigation of discrepancies
- Demonstrate best practice to all plant staff
- Perform safe start up/close down of reconditioning processes, including housekeeping & pre-start checks
- Report hazards and equipment defects promptly
- Complete gas free certificates & associated paperwork for scrap cylinders
- Organise consumables for recondition sheds
- Assist with site evacuation and plant roll call, take nominated role within emergency response team
- Be available to cover all production tasks at short notice, with additional hours as required
As such we would like you to:
- Ability to obtain/hold a counter balance FLT Training certificate for 5 tonne trucks
- Full UK Drivers Licence
- Directly related experience within production environments - Ideally 2yrs+
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent, including Maths
- Have the ability to obtain UKAS Inspector Accreditation
- Detailed understanding of CAL304
- Knowledge of automatic machinery
- Stock taking experience
- Ability to record key data during reconditioning process
Company Benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 statutory days
- Private medical insurance
- Employee assistant programme
- Contributory pension scheme
Hours: Your hours of work will be based on 42.5 hour week. Your working week will be deemed to be up to any 6 days in 7.
If you are successful in being offered this role, you will be required to carry out pre-employment checks including: 5 year address history, 3 year employment history, criminal record check and be medically fit to work.
We look for people who are open minded, embrace new ways of working, step out of their comfort zone seek out new opportunities and look to continuously learn. Opportunities to progress, to develop and to be recognised for your achievements are part of our daily life, and we want to share that with you! Together with your commitment, drive and personal performance, we believe you can bring out the best in yourself at Calor.
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation