We are currently working with a fantastic organisation within the public sector who are looking for a HR Advisor to join their friendly office on a permanent basis.
We are looking for a candidate who has previous experience within HR and can provide clear guidance on a range of employment matters including; recruitment, absence, capability, disciplinary, restructures, as well as all other HR policies and procedures. This role would suit someone who has an extensive knowledge and fundamental understanding of the TUPE process.
Based in Epping, this exciting opportunity will involve supporting a HR department and providing full HR services to specific parts of the organisation.
You will work Monday to Friday between the hours of 9:00am - 5:00pm. Benefits include:
- Generous annual leave of up to 28 days plus 2 statutory days (usually taken at Christmas) and plus Bank Holidays
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Leadership and management development scheme
- Car scheme
- Flexible working
Responsibilities and Duties of the HR Advisor
- Contribute to and implement a strong vision for strategic projects which deliver ambitious, innovative and forward thinking approaches.
- Ensure statutory obligations are met and that the highest standards of probity and good conduct are maintained at all times.
- Uphold the mechanisms, ensuring operational effectiveness, probity, safeguarding, risk management, safety, equality and open government are maintained.
- Uphold company values and behaviours and proactively promote these across the corporate arena and in any partnership working.
- Take collective responsibility for ensuring excellent services are provided to our clients.
- Work with the Team Manager to contribute to delivering ambitious, innovative and forward thinking approaches.
- Promote the Business Services commitments of providing excellent advice and service to our customers, building resilience, building flexibility and agility in terms of thinking, ways of working and service delivery, and driving continuous improvement.
- Provide professional advice, guidance and challenge to support the successful delivery of change programmes across the designated service area working closely with transformation programme colleagues and service Managers/Directors.
- Advise, support and coach managers to deal with a range of employee relations matters.
- Complete all relevant HR and personal administration and ensure it is carried out to the highest standard.
- Assist with all recruitment needs and issues.
- Act as first point of call for all HR related enquiries and remain a credible member of the HR team.
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- Relevant professional degree/qualification or demonstrable equivalent work experience.
- Project or programme management training.
- A demonstrable track record of leading, motivating and inspiring colleagues, partners and members in the delivery of services and projects.
- Demonstrable experience of developing, writing and implementing strategies.
- Evidence of successfully developing services and improvements.
- Ability to develop and sustain positive relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and partners that generate confidence and respect.
- The ability to analyse issues and set them down in a variety of written forms in a clear and concise manner dependent upon the recipient, to include recommendations for action where appropriate.
- Possess a high degree of sensitivity.
- Able to demonstrate good personal conduct, integrity and credibility that inspires confidence in members, employees, customers, partners and others.
- The ability to act as a role model, lead, empower, nurture talent, and motivate employees who are not direct reports.
- Demonstrable high levels of influencing, negotiating and communication skills with colleagues and ability to gain ownership of a clear vision and direction.
- Demonstrate strong emotional intelligence and resilience.
- Strong focus on outcomes. Proactive and tenacious in approach.
- Be accountable for personal performance, through meeting agreed personal targets and through undertaking planned programmes of professional development.
- Good judgement, strong analytical skills and the ability to use data and information intelligently and innovatively.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills, including the ability to consult, negotiate, persuade and influence others.
If you have the relevant skills and experience for this role, please apply.