FCC Environment have a vacancy for a Contract Manager to take responsibility for managing the client relationship and ensure the smooth running of the Luton BC contract operational facilities comprising Transfer Station, Materials Recycling Facility, Recycling Centres and associated transport (over GBP10 million).
A full time position reporting to the Area Manager, we are looking for a commercially astute, results orientated leader. You will need to be a confident spokesperson, credible as a representative of the company who is decisive and comfortable with responsibility.
Contract Manager responsibilities will be to:
- Be fully conversant with the operational requirements of the Contract to ensure efficient service delivery
- To manage existing operational facilities and develop new opportunities within the contract and local area
- Implement the Group's Health and Safety policy
- Carry out all regulatory and IMS defined requirements (Health & Safety, Environmental, Puwer/LOLER, PATS, 14001, 18001, 9001 etc.)
- Ensure facilities are operated in compliance with company and statutory environmental requirements
- Cost and budget control
- Control repair and maintenance procedures
- Recruitment and training
- To protect the reputation of the Company in the community in which it operates by adopting demanding standards of tidiness and care
Essential skills and experience
- Experienced operational and contract manager with proven record in delivering to targets
- Strong and demonstrable health & safety focus
- Educated to at least A level standard, ideally a graduate in business or environmental disciplines
- Relevant CoTC and CPC in Road Haulage
- Accustomed to preparing and working to budgets and repapering financial reports
- Familiarity with preventative maintenance regimes
- Commercially aware and with a good understanding of secondary materials markets and prices
- Proven ability as a line manager, able to recruit, develop, motivate and control operations and technical staff working in a diverse environment
FCC Environment is a leading UK waste and resource management company, which is part of a global group with a strong heritage in providing services for communities and businesses. Our vision is to be the environmental company of choice, delivering change for a sustainable future.
FCC Environment's core business centers on collection, resource recovery and renewable energy providing services for local authorities and commercial customers. To make our skills and expertise easily accessible to our customers, our business is grouped into five core services:
- Municipal services - household waste collection, street cleansing, parks and gardens maintenance
- Business waste solutions -waste collection and recycling services for small and large companies
- Recycling - material recycling facilities, household waste recycling centres
- Green energy -recovery of energy from waste
We operate over 200 facilities in England, Scotland and Wales and employ around 2,500 employees. We recycle 1.2 million tonnes of waste each year.
If you wish to be considered for our Contract Manager role, please click apply and submit your CV. You will receive an email shortly which you will need to read through.