Position: Procurement Manager
Location: Twigworth, Gloucestershire
Salary: Up to GBP40,000
The Aurora Group
The Aurora Group is an innovative provider of education and care for children, young people and adults with special educational needs and disabilities.
We're currently looking for experienced Procurement Manager in Twigworth, Gloucestershire where our new Central Office provides financial support, leadership and governance to our multiple sites across the UK.
Reporting directly to our CFO; your role will be to build a strategic procurement function for the group.
Having grown to 14 sites over the last couple of years and with ambitious growth plans; we're now in a position to recruit an experienced Procurement Manager. This role will be a great opportunity to develop new procurement processes and procedures in a role where you will really be able to make your mark on our success and the way we operate.
You'll review the needs of the business through engaging with the relevant stakeholders; and use this insight to optimise our current suppliers; set up new contracts and develop our purchasing strategies.
You'll play a key role in the implementation of a new procurement system to ensure the appropriate authorisations are in place and that orders are processed efficiently.
Naturally; you'll perform cost analysis and set appropriate benchmarks that will reduce our overall spend without impacting productivity; and ensure supplier SLAs are agreed, in place, adhered to and/or that actions are taken to manage supplier under performance.
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
- Solid background in procurement
- Sound understanding of best practice procurement processes and methodologies.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience of managing a wide variety of suppliers across multiple categories
- Ideally be qualified or part qualified CIPS or hold an equivalent qualification
- Strong communications skills, with an ability to clearly explain procurement concepts at all levels
- Credibility and confidence to work with senior managers across the organisation.
- Able to cope under pressured deadlines.
- The ability to travel to all our sites as required
Want to Apply?
If you think this position is for you then we would like to hear from you - Please apply online
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and adults who use our services and is a disability confident and equal opportunities employer
Closing Date: The role will remain open until it is filled - Please apply early as we reserve the right to close roles when we have a suitable level of interest