IT Procurement Manager
Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) is the world's leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. We deliver award-winning solutions to over 65 outsourcing clients and consulting services to hundreds more. Our contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim and temporary resources.
Our client is a well Known Corporate and Institutional banking organisation with headquarters in Central London and several other global locations; Providing Finance and Risk Solutions as well as Trading and Flow Sales to global financial institutions, investors, counterparties and corporate customers on a day to day basis.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a IT Procurement Manager for a 6 month contract based in Edinburgh or Manchester.
If you're curious about the world of technology and want to help drive change in how we engage with our customers, this role could provide the perfect platform. We're looking for a number motivated and organised Procurement professionals to join our Supply Chain Services function.
You'll lead, source and manage the services of suppliers who will radically change our domains, and so change the way we do business and serve our customers & colleagues
Purpose of this role:
You'll join a team tasked with agreeing and executing our strategy for sourcing and managing various categories that support our customers and colleagues. The suppliers providing these services will be large, multi-national companies, digital or fintechs that provide technology infrastructures and services to our client. We'll look to you to negotiate supplier contracts that meet the needs of Technology at a commercial cost and within the bank's risk appetite. You'll also develop and use strong networks across the supply market, as well as provide useful business insight and innovative supply chain solutions for the bank.
Day-to-day, you'll also be:
- Supporting the development of the bank's supply base, including ownership and management of key suppliers and stakeholders
- Negotiating & delivering robust commercial deals for the bank, making sure risk is managed effectively while bearing in mind the overall strategy
- Working in an agile way, switching between categories to meet business demands
- Contributing to the overall reduction of the bank's cost base, leading to the bank meeting its objective of improving the customer experience
- Implementing and supporting supply chain strategies within your team's remit, making sure the team is managing the timely execution of the bank's contract pipeline
- Delivering specific projects in collaboration with stakeholders, ensuring the team delivers on time and with excellent stakeholder results
To succeed in this role, you'll need strong commercial acumen and experience of negotiating with suppliers. You'll also have supply market knowledge across a variety of spend categories and have a detailed understanding of complex technology environments. We are looking for a wide range of category knowledge and having Technology category experience would be a significant benefit.
We'll expect you to hold a relevant professional qualification, such as CIPS or equivalent. Stakeholder management and excellent communication skills are also essential.
As well as this, you'll need:
- Experience in Procurement techniques including category management, contract negotiation, supplier management, supplier selection, and supplier performance management
- Knowledge of contract law and legal knowledge relevant to supply chain
- A good understanding of Technology infrastructure, digital and innovation environments
- The ability to articulate and implement a supply chain strategy that meets the needs of a business
- Experience leading and managing strategic and business critical supplier relationships and contracts
- Experience of cost and financial management
- Flexible, fluid, adaptable & open to any category where we have demand
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and speak to one of our sourcing specialists now.
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business