Procurement and Contracts Officer - FTC
Interim Procurement and Contracts Officer
Recruitment Agency Reference:
A position has arisen for an Interim Procurement and Contracts Officer placed within a highly regarded public sector organisation situated in the Northern Home Counties. This future incumbent will be a key member of the procurement team delivering value for money on a variety of projects. This is a 12 month contract with a possibility of extension or being made permanent.
Your duties will include:
- Clarifying organisational requirements through stakeholder engagement and conducting contract and supplier analysis
- Co-ordinating the tendering process in line with category schedule on spend to re-tender existing requirements or new opportunities
- Liaising with the organisations contracts department to develop specific contractual frameworks to support category plans
- Liaising with key stakeholders at all levels to promote procurement best practice across the organisation
- Analysing tender returns providing cost breakdowns and financial analysis
- Providing recommendations and reports to key stakeholders and ensuring all tenders are in an audit ready state
- Identifying opportunities to deliver value and cost reduction along with any process improvement opportunities
- Advising stakeholders on market price developments and providing cost driver analysis
The successful candidate should have:
- Strong supplier relationship skills
- Experience working in a similar public sector procurement role
- Knowledge of PCR regulations
This would be an ideal role for a driven procurement and contracts specialist who is ready to start the role immediately or on short notice.
If you are interested in this role or would like to find out more about similar roles please contact Sam Millar or Darryl Hodge on and email your CV to
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.