Workday Technical Lead
Main purpose of job
As Workday Technical Lead, you will play a critical role in the Group HR Operations team serving 14 European countries from Leeds. You're primary focus will be Management of the HRIS BAU team, implementation of new functionality, Workday Business As Usual (BAU) activities, Continuous Business Improvement (CBI) - which includes Release prep and management and MI delivery. Will be expected to project manage related projects, brought together to deliver value to the business.
You will be used to adhoc and changing leadership structures, as each SME focuses on delivering their benefits to the business. On some initiatives you may lead, on others you may support.
You will be responsible for understanding business needs and building solutions that meet new and future business objectives, including participating in recurring BAU activities, Change Requests, Process Enhancements and implementing new projects.
You will be a Workday specialist in multiple Workday modules, such as Recruiting, Core HR, Compensation, Performance Management and Learning; as well as aspects such as Security, EIB Management, Reporting and Configuration.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Direct line Management responsibility for MI and junior Product Owners.
- In conjunction with the Head of HRIS ensure HRIS creates and delivers a Workday Roadmap ensuring business priorities are met.
- Develop HRIS team to ensure increased knowledge, career development and succession plan
- Perform analysis, design, testing, support and project management.
- Partner with project teams and business stakeholders to understand business requirements, translate them into solution recommendations, and implement functionality to meet objectives.
- Partner with other team members, IT and other HR centers of excellence to ensure best practices are being followed and maintained appropriately.
- Create and maintain system documentation, document configurations, assist in end-user training including training of tier 1 and tier 2 resources.
- Recommend HR process improvements through more effective use of applications.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to help drive adoption and maximize the value of Workday.
- Actively research new enhancements and releases in Workday to ensure the system is up to date and new features are being adopted that could improve the overall employee experience.
- Assist in the administration of Workday, including but not limited to mass updates, maintenance of structure data, and configuration maintenance.
- Management of Workday support team
- Excellent Workday technical skillset with significant experience implementing and supporting the Workday product and experience in the HRIS landscape
- Experience in multiple Workday modules
- Relevant degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience with HR technologies.
- Minimum 5 years' experience with Workday HCM.
- Extensive experience with integrations, reports, calculated fields, and security.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, project management ability, and the ability to prioritize work.
- Big picture and forward thinker with the ability to develop recommendations for improving and streamlining processes.
- Action oriented; able to work independently and with a sense of urgency; possesses ability to juggle multiple deadlines and initiatives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with employees across all organization and management levels.
- High level of proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Power Point, Word, Project, etc.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to confidential data.
Business and Personal Leadership/skills and attitudes
- Passionate about positive change and transformation.
- Previous exposure to HR Service Centre environment
- Highly flexible team working approach within a matrix structure.
How do we say thank you?
You have a huge impact on our success and our rewards reflect this. With us you'll get:
- A competitive salary and annual pay reviews
- An annual bonus for a job well done
- 3% flexible benefits; whether you're into fitness or extra holidays, there's something for you.
- Our on-site subsidised restaurant serves great food all day.
- Cancel your gym membership we have one on site - it's free!
- Keep your travel costs down with free parking or the free shuttle bus from Leeds City Centre
Once you get here, you'll still be going places. We really want to work with you to make your career what you want it to be, so we offer a load of different opportunities to help you develop.
Are you a Workday expert? Take the next step and apply