Job title: Executive Editor
Wage: £45,000 - £55,000
Hours: 40 hour working week
HH Saudi Research & Marketing (UK) Limited
HH Saudi Research & Marketing (UK) Limited, part of the Saudi Research and Publishing Company’s international publishing group, is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced individual for the position of Executive Editor.
The Executive Editor will play a key role in organising, supervising and participating in the management and development of all articles submitted for publication. The successful candidate will plan and manage daily operations. The postholder will work with editors and designers on the development of the editorial calendar setting and enforcing deadlines for copy of the newspaper. The Executive Editor will consult with editors and designers on content and topics for each issue, will evaluate the manuscript of editors, as well as supervise daily operations.
Duties and responsibilities
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Executive Editor are as follows;
- plan and manage all daily operations;
- hire, coach and supervise personnel;
- collaborate with Editor In Chief to determine issues’ content and topics;
- coordinate editorial publications and meetings;
- plan and approve assignments for writers and editors;
- control schedules and enforce deadlines;
- oversee proofreading procedures and edit copy when necessary;
- assist in evaluating finalised copy for compliance with policies and producer’s style and tone;
- resolve issues as they arise;
- attend events on behalf of the company or Editor In Chief;
- approve budgets; and
- ad hoc duties as required by Management on a daily basis.
Minimum skills, experience and qualifications:
This role requires knowledge of hiring and managing staff and extensive knowledge on Middle Eastern and Asian politics. The postholder must have excellent political contacts both in the Asia and Europe and applicable experience in online editing and journalism. A strong track record of political and business reporting is preferable with acknowledged expertise in specific areas of the Asia and Middle East owing to the geographical reach of our readership and languages of the publication. The role requires fluency both in Arabic and English and basic Urdu speaking is also required. A post graduate qualification in business or a related subject is required for this role.
Instructions to candidates
Candidates should apply with their CV and covering letter by email to Yeliz Soylu at email@example.com.
Date posted: 12 June 2019
Closing date: 10 July 2019
Apply for Executive Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly