Food Data Collector (6 Month Fixed-Term Contract)
Slimming World is the UK’s most advanced weight management organisation, helping members lose weight in our 19,000 groups around the UK every week. The company has experienced consistent growth each year for the past ten years, taking the brand to a clear leadership position in the UK and Ireland.
Our Food and Publications team is responsible for maintaining the Slimming World food and nutrition database, a vast and accurate source of up-to-date information on branded and unbranded food and drink products available throughout the UK and Ireland. Keeping abreast of ongoing changes to foods is vital to the validity of the database, which plays an important part in supporting our members on their weight loss journeys. We are looking for two Food Data Collectors to join our team, to assist in the day-to-day maintenance and expansion of the database.
Reporting to the Food and Nutrition Database Manager, the successful candidates will be responsible for collecting and uploading food data via a number of sources, including capturing food label information from packaging during store visits. You will be working on a special project designed to improve processes and enhance the tools used by Slimming World members. You will demonstrate Slimming World’s unique organisational values throughout your work and endeavour to meet targets determined by the project and as defined by the Food and Nutrition Database Manager.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- have a genuine interest in food and a meticulous nature when it comes to data collection and entry
- demonstrate sound understanding of food labelling and good knowledge of supermarket food products
- have access to multiple food retailers in your local area, or can travel outside your area to ensure food data is captured across a variety of sites
- are flexible and adaptable in the face of changing priorities and ambitious timescales
- have exceptional attention to detail and strong focus on quality of work
Candidates must hold a driving licence with access to a car that can be used for work purposes.
Please apply via our website sending your CV and a covering letter stating your current salary, telling us about you, and sharing three of your most recent achievements in a similar role.
Closing date: 26th June 2019