Supported Employment Co-ordinator
Supported Employment Co-ordinator
Frome, Somerset (home/field based)
Discovery is the largest provider of learning disability and autism support in Somerset. We were commissioned by Somerset County Council in 2017 to deliver high-quality support. This includes supported living, registered care, outreach, respite, crisis support, day support and supported employment.
We support people with learning disabilities and autism to have a louder voice, greater choice and control in their lives. Our colleagues deliver ambitious, effective and personalised support for those with learning disabilities, challenging behaviour, autism or complex needs in Somerset.
Our values of Ambition, Integrity, Courage, Partnership and Respect guide us in everything we do.
We are now looking for a Supported Employment Co-ordinator to join our team in Frome.
- Huge levels of job satisfaction
- Certifications paid for
- Support to gain your Systematic Instruction Training and Level 3 Supported Practitioner qualifications
- High street and online discounts and cashback
- Life assurance scheme
- Career development opportunities
- 30 days’ holiday (including Bank Holidays) rising to 35 days with service
As a Supported Employment Co-ordinator, you will work with people who have a learning disability and/or autism to find and sustain paid employment.
You will manage a caseload determined by the Supported Employment Manager, this may be a mix of different contracts and funding streams.
Additionally, you will:
- Hold and manage a caseload
- Identify employment and career options for people who have a learning disability and or autism, their families and circle of support
- Develop an understanding of each person’s interests, preferences, abilities and support needs
- Facilitate and co-ordinate the person-centred employment planning process
- Develop individually tailored pathways into employment
- Support your customers as they transition into the workplace until they are confident and independent
- Promote the benefits of employing our customers and demonstrating the values of supported employment
- Use job coaching and identifying longer term strategies to ensure sustained employment
- Review and respond quickly to requests of support
- Work collaboratively with employers in the area
To be considered as a Supported Employment Co-ordinator, you will need:
- Experience of working with individuals with learning disabilities and autism
- Excellent IT skills
- An English GCSE or equivalent qualification
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle
- The ability to turn employer need into a jobseeker opportunity
- The ability to manage a varied and busy caseload
- Strong communication skills both orally and in writing
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to understand career aspirations
Experience in the supported employment sector would be beneficial to your application, however this is by no means essential as we will consider candidates from a variety of backgrounds. Experience of proactively developing partnerships with employers and developing positive relationships would also be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Supported Employment Advisor, Support Employment Caseworker, Employment Advisor, Employment Counsellor, Career Coach, Careers Advisor, Employment Training and Education Advisor, or ETE Advisor.
Webrecruit and Discovery are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready for your next challenge as a Supported Employment Co-ordinator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.