Key Worker (Support Worker, Homelessness, Housing) SYHA83538
Our client is an award winning not-for-profit organisation passionate about housing and supporting people to LiveWell, Settle at home and realise their potential. A Sunday Times Best 100 Not for Profit organisation to work for and IiP Gold standard, they are a forward thinking, innovative and ambitious organisation. They currently own and manage over 6000 properties, support over 1600 vulnerable customers in care and supported housing projects and employ nearly 500 people.
They are seeking an enthusiastic and innovative Key Worker to join their dedicated team at Housing First Rotherham.
Housing First Rotherham provides a secure home to people in Rotherham who are currently homeless or at risk of becoming homeless due to other complexities, which may include mental health conditions, substance misuse or offending behaviour.
Their aim is to provide stable, independent home and intensive personalised support to homeless people with multiple and complex needs.
They believe that everyone has a right a safe and secure place to call home, and the stability that it brings.
What really makes the difference for Housing First Rotherham is the time they spend with their customers. Their intensive support is delivered by a team of Key Workers with years of experience working with people with a range of complex needs around the root causes of their homelessness, including mental health conditions, substance misuse and offending. Their experience is the foundation of how they build trust with their customers.
Their approach to working with customers is based on their strengths, to build their confidence to a level where they feel they can live independently and achieve their potential.
Their aim is to equip each customer with personal, social, vocational and practical life skills; enabling them to take control of their life and live independently within the community.
They are looking for an individual with a real commitment to supporting customers to achieve their aspirations, goals and help them maximise their full potential. The role can be challenging and is highly rewarding.
The successful candidate would need to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the needs and risks customers experience and an understanding of how to develop plans of support to overcome these.
- Show enthusiasm about helping others, be approachable and encouraging with customers to achieve their goals
- Possess a positive "Can Do" solution focused attitude to fit in with a small team and build on the successes of this excellent A rated service.
Some of their benefits
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave, statutory bank holidays, plus an additional 4 days
- Excellent training including free annual training and ongoing professional development including a leadership academy
- Excellent benefits including Rewards - employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts
- Westfield Health (employer paid)
Our client is committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within their organization, and welcome applications from men as they are underrepresented by this group in Housing First Rotherham.
This post does attract essential car user allowance, and the staff member is required to hold a valid full driving licence plus and have access to a vehicle.
Working Hours: Full Time – 37 hours per week – Monday to Friday (May include evenings and weekends)
Closing Date: 24th June 2019
Interview Date: Thursday 11th July & Friday 12th July
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.