Platform Reliability Engineer
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to help expand our technical operations. The successful candidate will be working very closely with our traders and business team. We are looking for engineers who bring technology innovation and enthusiasm to our team to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. This position is expected to participate in the development cycle to provide superior performance and availability to each production application.
If you aspire to:
* Be a Front Office Site Reliability Engineer in the Citadel Securities Market Making team and work closely with members of Front Office Quantitative Researchers and traders.
* Provide technical expertise to support and enhance core-trading applications.
* Demonstrate an ability to analyze complex business/technical problems and make sound technical decisions proactively and in a self-directed manner.
* Configuration management of multiple production silos, covering multiple asset classes.
* The uptime, capacity, and performance among other aspects of day-to-day operations of trading systems.
* Working with development teams in regression testing functionality and stress testing application servers for capacity and performance.
* Building automation and processes that reduce the impact of mistakes. Revise software designs to mitigate failures in other parts of the stack.
* Contributing to the quality of service lines by participating in product development starting with the inception stage.
* Working on tactical tools development for the traders and business teams.
* Managing critical and direct communication lines with Traders, Business Managers, and Development Leads on all aspects of projects.
* Solid knowledge of Trading Systems Applications including OMS and FIX engines.
* Solid experience in UNIX/Linux, Networking, Perl, Python, Sybase SQL, Shell Scripting. Experience administering Linux systems in a production environment.
* Must have an understanding of building and managing large-scale systems and application architectures.
* Proven experience of application support and administration.
* Proven problem solving experience, turning around with solutions in a demanding timeline.
* Solid communication and interpersonal skills applicable to a dynamic trading environment.
* Experience with software analysis, leading to bug fixing, development, code enhancement is desirable.
* Experience with testing methodologies and test tools is desirable.
* Prior experience supporting traders, trading desks is preferable.
* A BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related Computer Engineering or Science curriculum.
Expiry Date: Midnight 09 July 2019