FLT Driver - Counterbalance
- Full Time
SDC is part of the MBP Group, the UK's leading independent stockist of doors from all major suppliers, and a market leading manufacturer of standard and bespoke fire doors, doorsets and glazed screens. Based in Colchester, Essex and with several locations throughout the UK, our distribution network has all door, glazing and joinery needs covered.
We are currently hiring an experienced counterbalance FLT driver to work in a demanding rapid response manufacturing unit,. Hours are 42 hours per week (7.30am - 5.00pm Mon-Thur & 7.30am - 4.30pm Fri).
- To load and unload lorries, Pick doors for delivery
- To communicate any problems to the Production Manager/Line Supervisor
- To be flexible in your approach of overtime requirements to satisfy customer requirements
- To operate relevant equipment in a safe manner
- Ensure good housekeeping and manufacturing practices
- Carry out all reasonable Production related requests as instructed by the Line Supervisor
- Where appropriate, you will be expected to support colleagues as requested to cover holidays and sickness
- Ensure that you understand and comply with Health and Safety at Work regulations at all times
- To work in line with the company's quality system
- To always present a professional image of oneself, the department and the company
Minimum Qualifications / Experience required:
- Valid and up to date Forklift Counterbalance License is essential
- Eye for detail
- Internal door experience would be an advantage
Key behavioural competencies:
- Able to successfully contribute to a growing and developing organisation.
- The ability to work within a team and individually.
- Be self-motivated, proactive and innovative
Additional skill requirements:
- Knowledge of the industry would be an advantage.
- First Aid qualification would be advantageous.
For further information, full job specification, or to apply, please contact Alexandra.