Recovery College Hub Manager
Recovery College Hub Manager
37.5 hours a week
Are you passionate about learning and employment as a transformational experience for vulnerable adults?
We’re looking for a proactive and innovative individual to join us and lead the new Reading Recovery College.
St Mungo’s Recovery Colleges are supportive education environments, underpinned by a recovery service ethos for people with experience of homelessness, mental health issues and substance misuse. It’s an exciting time to join our Recovery College programme, as the new college in Reading is the first phase in our plan to expand this successful provision nationwide.
The Recovery College will provide a programme of learning and support to build confidence and skills in order to progress into employment. We want to ensure that each person that comes through our door gets the support and skills to sustain their recovery and to rebuild their lives.
Courses within the college will be run by a mixture of staff and volunteers; many of whom have experience of recovery themselves. There will be a focus on community engagement and a dedicated volunteer programme supporting all aspects of this.
As the Hub Manager you will be responsible for:
- The development and implementation of a high quality learning programme.
- Overseeing the management and support of staff running the hub and the educational and pastoral care needs of students and volunteers
- Building links with local services, businesses and relevant education and skills agencies to work in partnership with us.
To succeed, you will have:
- Knowledge of learning and training for vulnerable client groups and an understanding of the barriers to employment for people with a history of homelessness.
- Ability to achieve and maintain high quality standards and best practice in the delivery of education programmes to a vulnerable client group.
- Experience of staff management and the ability lead a high performing team.
In return, we offer a range of benefits including a pension scheme, staff discounts scheme and flexible working to help you maintain a healthy work/life balance. We are also committed to providing our staff with a wide range of learning and development opportunities in support of their personal and professional development.
Closing date: 2 July 2019 at 10.00am
Interview and Assessment date: 11 July 2019
It is a requirement for this post that an enhanced DBS disclosure check, will be undertaken for the successful candidate.
We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) applicants, as they are under-represented within St Mungo’s at this level.
At St Mungo’s, equality, diversity and inclusion are central to the organisation's values and how we work. We are in the top 50 of Stonewall’s Workplace Equality Index 2019, we are also proud to have been awarded Personnel Today’s 2018 Diversity and Inclusion (Public Sector) award and we are a Disability Confident Employer. To ensure that our workforce reflects the diversity of our clients as well as the communities that we live and work within, we encourage and welcome applications from all sections of the community.