Nursery Nurse - Term Time Only
An outstanding Nursery Nurse for our Nursery (for 1 to 3 year olds) is required to join our committed, friendly team from September 2019, our EYFS was found to be Outstanding in our recent inspection.
Sancton Wood is a family friendly school with pupils aged 1-16 years. Recognised for its outstanding contribution to the social and emotional development of each individual child.
Our varied and exciting Nursery School Programme provides an excellent foundation for learning and ensures that when the children enter the Pre Preparatory school, they are independent, well grounded, confident and ready to face the challenges ahead.
Every child is greatly valued. With only a small number of children at any session, nursery staff find that key working is facilitated and time can be devoted to all children.
Purpose of post:
To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual education and to care for the children within the setting whatever culture, religion or gender.
• High standards of care and education of the children within the setting.
• Clear understanding of the Children’s Act 1989.
• Working as a member of a team.
• Have a clear understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
• Encourage the children to be confident, independent and develop their self-esteem.
• Provide a range of activities and play opportunities to develop the children’s language, mathematical thinking and social skills.
• Ensure good manners and teach right from wrong at all times.
• Form good relations with both carers and children to ensure each individual need is met.
• Observe and record what the children do, to help plan the next step for their development.
• Ensure confidentiality at all times.
• Work as part of a team in long, medium and short term planning.
• Work as part of a team in carrying out all aspects of planning.
• To take part in staff meetings.
• Be aware of the behaviour policy within the setting, ensuring any problems are dealt with effectively and professionally.
• Ensure parents are kept informed at all times.
• Always ensure premises are safe, friendly and welcoming.
• Provision is made for children to be active indoors and out allowing for “quiet time” activities.
• Ensure high levels of hygiene at all times.
• Encourage children to learn about personal hygiene through their daily routine.
• To take up the opportunity to attend further training in any relevant childcare area.
Staff have a responsibility to:
- Provide a secure, happy and stimulating classroom environment, maintaining the highest standards of organization and discipline
- Foster self-image and esteem based on mutual respect
- To ensure that they attend relevant Safeguarding and H&S training as required.
- To contribute to the extra-curricular life of the school.
- To contribute to the relevant area of the school’s website.
- To read Staff Handbook, weekly bulletin and follow general directions
- To contribute to the pastoral care of all pupils and support their spiritual, social and moral development
- To carry out share of supervision duties in accordance with published rotas
- To attend meetings, e.g. staff meetings, parents’ evenings, open days, etc. as directed by the Headteacher or Head of Department
- To participate in appraisal procedure
- To be familiar with the Health and Safety Policy and be responsible for the safety of pupils
- To create display work and keep check of resources, ensuring departmental rooms are kept in good order
- To support priorities identified in the School Development Plan
Apply for Nursery Nurse - Term Time Only
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly