On behalf of our prestigious client, H&G Recruitment are currently recruiting for 2 Transport Supervisors to join their expanding team based in Bedford.
Back Shift: Monday - Friday 14:00 - 23:00
Day Shift: Tuesday - Saturday 10:00 - 18:00
Overall Job Role:
To support the Transport Manager in the provision of a high quality, cost effective transportation service which consistently delivers w*ithin company SLAs, and balances the needs of colleagues within operations, the commercial teams and the overall network.
- To plan and route applicable HGV fleet on a daily basis and plan van routes where applicable.
- Co-ordinate all trunk resources to ensure they are available to schedule, promptly reporting any delays or issues as appropriate.
- Brief and de-brief drivers on a daily basis maintaining regular contact to ensure all deliveries and collections are made on time and in compliance with current procedures.
- Manage the collection and delivery of all assets and consumables in line with the operations, assets team and customer requirements maintaining accurate records as required.
- Ensure all vehicles are maintained in line with current O'Licence and company requirements. Appropriately record, monitor and escalate any reported defects.
- Carry out transport administrative activities including (but not limited to), recording collection and scheduling paperwork, tachograph analysis and monitoring infringements in-line with company and regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to the provision of regular financial and performance reports to the business, identifying trends that can be used to inform continuous improvement.
- Take responsibility for any cost management and reporting as required by the Transport Manager.
- Build relationships with internal and external service providers and clients, networking proactively across the business to ensure efficient sharing of information.
- Support recruitment activities for all drivers and relevant transport support staff, including agency staff, within the depot.
- Ensure all staff are subject to appropriate pre-employment checks, assessments and induction training. Routinely check Driving Licence for points to ensure they do not exceed the amount set by the company.
- Lead regular meetings and briefings to ensure effective communication with the team on business and personal performance within the Depot and across the network as a whole.
- Manage the attendance, conduct and performance of staff including addressing issues of unsatisfactory performance, attendance or conduct in line with policies.
- Provide training and coaching for staff to support induction, performance improvement and/or personal development.
- Provide cover for the Transport Manager as required in periods of absence, holiday etc.
- Monitor staff compliance with regulations in respect of driving hours, working time directives and road legalities. Ensure all staff are operating safely, efficiently and with due regard to ensuring quality standards are met, so that customers receive an excellent experience.
- Report and investigate all accidents, and carry out all follow-up action where appropriate. Lead investigation/disciplinary hearings where necessary with the support of HR.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external regulatory requirements, e.g.the Mail Integrity Code of Practice, Safety; Health and Environment regulations; Carriage of Dangerous Goods regulations; and, Data Protection and Information Security regulations etc.
- Comply with all Health, Safety and Environment policies and other relevant regulations ensuring accurate recording and reporting of any incidents, accidents or near misses.
- Monitor and maintain compliance with the security policy in transport working in close liaison with the Transport Manager to investigate and resolve any potential breach situations.
- Contribute to the ongoing development and continuous improvement of the transport department in liaison with the wider Transport Management team.
- Support the implementation of change in the team through clear and open communication of change.
- Control and measure change in key areas and provide feedback and solutions.
Be a solution provider in a change culture working collaboratively with other departments to make change happen effectively.
Required Knowledge and Skills