IT Apprentice- Support and Infrastructure
Do you have a passion for technology? Are you ready to take your hobby to the next level?
We are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic Hereford based company in the HR1 area as an IT Apprentice-Support and Infrastructure.
Monday - Friday - 9.00am - 5.00pm - 37.5
Detailed Job Description:
We are looking to recruit an IT Apprentice-Support and Infrastructure in the HR1 area of Hereford who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
• Providing 1st Line Support
• Infrastructure set up and maintenance
• Server Management
• Hardware repairs
• Becoming a valued part of the IT Support team.
• Learning how to provide technical support.
• Assisting in customer projects and support activities as skills allow.
• Gaining on the job experience and being able to utilize the skills you have gained over the duration of your apprenticeship.
• Helping the existing staff, and the other sub-contractors partnered with, to deliver IT support services to clients.
• Learning how to handle telephone support calls as well as incoming helpdesk emails.
• Managing the helpdesk system, ensuring all calls are handled within appropriate timescales.
• Working on resolving the first line support where capable, and working with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues or referring to second/third line support staff where necessary.
• Updating company systems.
Good technical knowledge of IT
Good people skills
Willingness to learn
A keen interest in IT
Experience in IT as a hobby-wanting to make it into a career
Access to own transport would be beneficial, but not essential.