Complaints Handler / Complaints Officer – Financial Services
Job Title: Complaints Handler
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
At the company, they help people every day. Their innovative personal loans and revolutionary credit cards have been game changers in the UK financial services space, giving folks access to the affordable credit that they believe they deserve. Their customers are at the heart of everything they do and they are continually looking for ways to do things better, in order to do that we're bulking up their compliance capabilities - that's where you come in!
Based in Cardiff, this position will report to the Complaints Team Leader in the day-to-day management and resolution of complaints for their Credit Card product. You will also be a key point of contact for colleagues when addressing customer queries/issues, ensuring that an appropriate resolution is achieved. You will have an understanding of what motivates their customers and feedback/implement change to ensure that a high level of customer service is consistently delivered. The role will support the current underwriting rota, ensuring the department is staffed appropriately at all times.
Who you are:
You will have strong financial services knowledge and experience to ensure that complaints are dealt with and tracked in a timely manner to reach a unanimous outcome. You should have first class communication skills, both verbal and written, together with good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
What you'll do:
- Fully understand the customer journey from application to closure, interacting with other business functions understanding customer contact and dissatisfaction drivers to support delivery of continuous improvement
- Acknowledge receipt of, set and manage customer expectations for all complaints whilst remaining focused on quality at all times
- A calm manner and sensible approach is required, as you may have to diffuse difficult situations with an ability to show empathy for a customer
- You should be proactive, able to work on your own initiative, juggle competing demands and problem solve seeking first time resolution whilst effectively managing own workload
- Write comprehensive response letters including any holding response where required, demonstrating empathy whilst seeking resolution
- Record all complaints onto a database that can be analysed to provide trend information
- Analyse complaints data, understand root cause and to provide suggestions regarding service improvement
- Ability to constructively feedback development points to other business functions to drive customer satisfaction and resolution whilst adhering to regulatory and company guidelines
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the customer journey from application to account closure focusing on process, product, financial transactions and systems
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as requested by the management
What you'll need:
- Previous experience of dealing with complaints in a busy, customer focused financial services environment
- Experience dealing with complaints for a credit card product is essential
- Customer advocate with the ability to provide consistent resolutions
- Proven ability to analyse data, recommending and implementing changes to enhance the customer experience
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability for issues with a high attention to detail
- An excellent work ethic with a real passion to drive improvement and a proven ability to enhance customer satisfaction levels
- Strong communication, relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Self-motivated, able to operate independently
Please be aware that should they pursue your application, all their Financial Services employees will be expected to complete a standard CRB & adverse finance check to comply with regulatory requirements.
If your application is successful through to telephone screening/interview, and you are not selected for a role, they may store your personal data for 3 years to enable their HR team to contact you should future roles be advertised.
Where you apply, but are not selected for telephone screening/interview, they will delete your personal data once the position is filled.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Complaints Handler, Customer Relations Advisor, Customer Service Advisor, Customer Care, Customer Complaints Advisor, Complaints Manager, Financial Services Complaints, FCA Complaint Handling, PRIN, DISP, Complaints Prevention, Customer Relations Manager, Consumer Complaints Handler, Consumer Credit Regulations may also be considered for this role.