We are excited to be recruiting a new colleague into our small but superb HR team. With our current HR Advisor moving onto pastures new, we are looking for someone to join us to partner our managers in supporting our greatest asset; our people.
1625 Independent People (1625ip) is a leading youth homeless charity based in the South West, working with over 2,500 young people. We have strong local partnerships and adhere to the best practice in the sector, thereby building trusting relationships between young people and 1625ip staff is at the core of our work.
What we are looking for:
- You are people centred and you strive to make a positive difference to the working lives of others. You do this with a great sense of professionalism but also with empathy and a good sense of humour.
- You build strong relationships, you communicate well and you influence others through coaching.
- You are super organised, you are proactive, and you respond well to pressure and change.
- You are committed to your work, you take accountability for it and you have a creative approach to problem solving.
- You are experienced in giving advice and guidance in employee relations and HR best practice and you have sound working knowledge of employment law.
If you have not previously worked in a HR function but we have snagged your interest and you would like to apply for this role, then we would still love to hear from you. Tell us how your skills and experience from other working environments could be successfully transferred into this role because we believe that if you have the necessary employment law and employee relations knowledge and you are creative in how you apply that knowledge; this role could be fab for you.
What you will be doing:
- Supporting and guiding our full management team on all their people matters, encompassing the full range of queries which arise throughout the employment cycle.
- Partnering our managers on team and individual role restructures.
- Regularly reviewing and revising internal written HR policies and procedures to keep them legally compliant and to align them with our People Strategy.
- Collecting and analysing business intelligence gained through retention and exit interviews with colleagues and using this information to suggest HR service improvements.
- Providing professional development support to the full management team through training and coaching.
- Coordinating and supporting the Training Sub-Group in its delivery of our core training plan.
You will be line managed by our HR Manager, Sanja Taylor.
What we are offering:
- Very generous annual leave entitlement of 30 days per annum plus all Bank Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- A relaxed dress code – every day!
- A very supportive environment with reflective practice, regular supervisions, team and cross departmental and company development days
- Employee Health Cash Plan with UK Healthcare
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Contract type: Permanent
- Pay: £25801 - £27905 per annum
- The location: You will be based in our Kingsley Hall office, close to Bristol’s main train and bus stations as well as the vibrant city centre.
- To access the Job Pack and to Apply, please visit the website
- Application deadline closes: 09:00, Tuesday 02 July 2019.
- If you have not heard from us by the end of the working day on Friday 05 July 2019 please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Interviews are on Friday 12 July 2019.
Covering Letter Guidance
Please note that the online application form cannot be saved until it is fully complete. We recommend that you prepare your Covering Letter before you start the online application.
Your Covering Letter will form the most important basis on which your skills, experience and behavioural competencies will be tested against the job criteria. Without it, your application cannot progress to the shortlisting stage.
You should refer to the Person Specification document within the Job Pack and cover only the elements that are tested at this stage of the recruitment process. Elements that only have the word ‘interview’ next to them will be tested at the next stage of the process and do not need to be covered in your letter.
Please do not write more than 250 words per criterion.
ALTHOUGH THE APPLICATION FORM GIVES YOU THE OPTION TO UPLOAD A CV, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A CV AS THIS IS NOT NECESSARY AND WILL NOT BE USED IN THIS PROCESS.
Equal opportunities for everyone:
We safeguard and promote the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Any job offer will depend on a satisfactory DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Barred List Disclosure Check.
We believe those with a criminal record should have an equal chance to become employees or volunteers. We also pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer for everyone regardless of age, disability, gender identity, race, religion and beliefs, sex and sexual orientation. We are particularly keen to increase applications from Black and Minority Ethnic groups as they are currently under-represented.
Please see our Policies section on the website, for further information. If you need an adjustment made to any part of the recruitment process, please let us know as soon as possible.