This role is to support the organisation and co-ordination of the ERDF Funded Breakthrough 2 events, workshops and labs to ensure that our clients enjoy a superb experience each time they attend.
You will work alongside the workshop manager, marketing and events team to plan and organise to tight deadlines, keep an eye on the most intricate details and coordinate all the people involved. You will undertake reporting and manage clients' data so that the wider team can maximise client engagement. In this role, having the right can-do attitude and a positive approach is of paramount importance as this is high profile role which is visible to our target market of business owners.
We are looking for applicants who have:
- A relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Experience of administration and accurate data input
- Fantastic telephone manner and interpersonal skills; ability to liaise politely and effectively with a broad range of people from celebrity speakers, business leaders to caterers and venue staff
- Experience of working within a team environment
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience of working to targets
- A can-do, positive attitude
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to think on your feet, and be resourceful especially in pressure situations such as at events
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and keep focus under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail with a desire to achieve high quality outcomes
- An ability to work as a fully contributing member of the team, whilst at the same time being self-motivating and self-reliant
- An outstanding, motivating, resourceful and supportive team player with high integrity and respect for others
- A supportive, challenging and empathetic nature
The post holder will be office based and will be required to travel throughout Cornwall; a driving licence is therefore essential. This position is initially fixed term until December 2019 with a strong likelihood of extension thereafter.
n.b. see the full job description on the Cornwall College website for a complete set of requirements.
Unlocking Potential has the enviable reputation of successfully delivering high quality services through a team of enthusiastic, dedicated staff who work hard to unlock the potential of people and business. Our people are our most important asset, so to join our dynamic, hardworking, passionate and friendly team, you will need to demonstrate that you are approachable, client focussed and a team player. You will be someone who thrives on change, loves a challenge, respects others and truly takes pride in doing your best.
Other Application Details
If you require further information please call Nicky Luke on 01209 616304.
Applications must be submitted via the Cornwall College Jobs Website