Assistant Chef - Penylan House Nursing Home, Cardiff
Penylan House Nursing Home, Cardiff
37.5 hours per week
Looking to develop your career in catering?
Want to work for an organisation that recognises the positive contributions of its staff?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a committed and passionate Assistant Chef to join our team in our Penylan House Nursing Home, Cardiff.
This sounds great, tell me more…!
Penylan House is a part of Linc Care and operates in the not-for-profit sector. The fully redeveloped modern, purpose-built facility has 75 single, ensuite bedrooms with well furnished rooms, landscape gardens and car parking. The whole building exceeds CSSIW requirements with bigger bedrooms, wider corridors, spacious lounges and a high staff to resident ratio. Our recent residents and relatives’ satisfaction survey showed an incredible 100% are happy with the quality of their relative’s care and support.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to join our team as an Assistant Chef. You will build upon your existing knowledge and experience by working alongside our experienced Chef Manager and Kitchen team.
At Penylan House, we pride ourselves on the high standards that we deliver, and food plays an essential role in our resident’s experience. It is therefore essential that you have incredibly high standards and have a passion for delivering well-presented and nutritious meals.
Duties will include:
· Supporting the Chef Manager in liaising with staff to produce nutritious, high quality, well presented meals to all residents on a daily basis.
· Deputising for the Chef Manager in their absence, overseeing the work of the catering staff and general kitchen management.
· To set by personal example, excellent food standards.
· Work to Health and Safety and environmental health standards.
What skills do I need to have?
You will be required to have a real passion for food, and a desire to build a successful career for yourself within catering. You will need to have significant experience working within a professional kitchen environment, and already possess basic catering qualifications at or equivalent to QCF / NVQ Level 2.
You will enjoy working in a team and have a positive attitude to supporting your colleagues and the residents. You will also take pride in cleanliness and organisation on shift, understanding that Health and Safety and Food Safety are essential in the workplace.
Did you know…?
· You will be working 37.5 hours per week.
· There’s no split shifts! So you can balance your work and home life.
· In keeping with its close association with the Jewish Community, Penylan House has facilities to recognise the religion of its Jewish residents and also has a dedicated kosher kitchen in addition to the main kitchen. Linc staff take part in Jewish Culture workshops to understand and respect the culture and traditions.
· Linc offer a variety of continuous learning options to allow you to progress your career in care.
Closing date is 16th April 2019 at 23:59.
So what are you waiting for?
Come and take the first steps towards your career with an organisation that is passionate about people, homes and their communities!
We look forward to hearing from you!