International Project Manager
International Project Manager
Are you a project manager with experience of managing international contracts and suppliers wanting to lead a challenging and fast-paced portfolio of projects that will help children and young people get the best education possible? If so, read on.
Based in the UK with some international travel, this is an incredible opportunity for an experienced, pragmatic project manager to make a positive, lasting impact with a leading charity.
About NFER (National Foundation for Educational Research)
With a 70-year history, NFER is an independent and highly respected charity that carries out research within education. Our robust and innovative research, assessment, and other services are widely known and used. We have a reputation as an organisation that informs policy and practice, helping to ensure the best possible education for children and young people.
About the Role
As the International Project Manager, you’ll manage operations for a range of projects in relation to data collections, random control trials, assessment projects and surveys. A key part of your work will be to manage work done overseas, i.e. in East Africa and other places, usually using ‘on the ground’ suppliers. You’ll develop relationships with overseas survey service providers setting up data processing and quality control procedures, protocols and ensuring projects meet the contractual requirements.
Specifically, you will:
- Oversee a range of complex projects at any one time
- Contract management of oversea suppliers
- Write proposals, cost and pitch for projects via competitive tendering
- Manage budgets and control costs
To join us as our International Project Manager, you’ll need:
- Large scale, complex operational project management experience
- International research and supplier management experience
- Excellent MS Excel skills and the ability to learn and utilise technology with ease
- A degree (or equivalent) which included a numerical and/or technical element
- Salary of £42,746 to £48,109 per annum
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
- 30 days’ holiday per year plus Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance (35 hours worked per week)
Located close to Windsor and Slough town centre, we offer a pleasant office environment surrounded by green space that’s just 15 minutes from London Paddington and an easy drive from the M4 and M40.
We’d love to hear from you if you’ve worked on international projects as a Senior Project Manager, Survey Project Manager, Research Project Manager.
The closing date for applications is midnight 30th June 2019.
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as an International Project Manager, apply via the button shown. This vacancy has been placed by Webrecruit on behalf of NFER.