ICT Technical Support Analyst
Hours: 36.25 per week (Monday–Friday)
Salary: up to £24,449.40 pa (starting salary subject to qualifications and skills)
Reference Number: LG224
An opportunity has arisen to join the ICT Service Desk Team within Longhurst Group.
The Service Desk is responsible for delivering high quality ICT support to members of the Longhurst Group by applying proven techniques and procedures to facilitate the solution of incidents and problems.
The candidates will need to possess excellent customer service skills, plus a good overall knowledge of current Microsoft operating systems and office applications. Paired with the ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and easily is our emphasis on your personality, drive and communication skills.
The candidates will be expected to:
- Provide a high quality professional service to users by ensuring that all incidents and service requests are correctly logged, documented and prioritised
- Effectively communicate progress and updates to the end user, promoting self-service where appropriate
- Be methodical in their approach to problem solving and troubleshooting
- Minimize disruption to the end users’ work activities by taking personal responsibility and accountability for work undertaken by the team
- Interpret, diagnose and resolve incidents and complete service requests within agreed service level timeframes, as agreed with the end user
- Provide technical advice and application support to users and colleagues by continually updating your understanding of ICT Services. This includes the bespoke solutions the Longhurst Group use within the company
- Be open to learning through both work based learning and private study.
Longhurst Group is one of the UK’s leading housing providers, providing more than 22,500 homes across the Midlands and the East of England, and is a leading independent provider of care and support services. Passionate about people and committed to its vision of ‘Improving Lives’, Longhurst Group does not stand still and has an exciting future ahead with ambitious growth plans for housing, care, support and community investment. Everything we do is about helping people, enhancing their wellbeing and improving lives.
At Longhurst Group we value and respect our people. We recognise that our success rests on the shoulders of committed staff and board members so we want to make sure that everyone feel supported and appreciated. Being part of Longhurst Group means living our values. In it together, Heartfelt Service, Own it, Push the Boundaries and Fun and Fair. It is through our values we will continue to shape the future making a positive difference within our local communities, creating places where people want to live.
In return for your hard work and commitment, you’ll enjoy excellent employee benefits including
- A competitive salary
- A contributory average salary Pension Scheme
- Generous paid annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays and 3 additional concessionary days.
- A commitment to learning and development
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free onsite parking at majority of sites
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify eligibility to work in the UK at interview, copies will not be taken. Proof must then be provided by day one upon successful candidature.
Longhurst Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applicants from minority ethnic groups and people with disabilities and invite applicants to contact the employer to identify any additional support they may need during the recruitment process
Closing Date: Monday, 1st July 2019 (Midnight)
Interview Date: Wednesday, 10th July 2019