Seasonal Chef de Partie
Chef de Partie
We’re looking for one experienced Chef de Partie, preferably with pastry experience to join our team.
To be considered, you’ll have experience already working as a Chef de Partie, cooking in a kitchen that cares about the food it sends out. Cooking skills and product knowledge are massively important, but our best chefs are also consistent, reliable, willing to learn and adapt to different ways of working. The right candidates will develop and progress over time in a 2 rosette kitchen striving for excellence.
Key responsibilities include:
- Correct portion control and amount of “mise en place” are prepared and set up for service
- Food is prepared and cooked to agreed standards
- Assist with maintaining regular stock taking, rotation and daily checks on food products in stock
You will need:
- NVQ level 2 and basic food hygiene certificate.
- Chef de Partie experience.
- Characteristics that fit well in our brigade are being cheerful, self-aware, reliable, articulate and caring.
- £9.50-£9.75 per hour includes probationary rate. Equates to £22,230-22,815 per year.
- Permanent / Seasonal contract for 45 hours per week
- 28 days holiday / 29 after 1 year
- Free use of pool
- Discounts on hotel services and products
- Career development and training
- Relocation temporary accommodation available
- Get to work with our transport service between Newquay and Mawgan Porth £1 per journey
- More perks!
- A free experience to stay in the hotel and dine in the restaurant
- Cash back scheme for wellbeing
- Many more perks!
Wish you were here? Please use the “apply” link to submit your CV and answer the qualifying questions. You will need to confirm that you are eligible to live and work in the U.K. Direct applications only.
Let us know your answers to these questions by providing the information in the text box 'message to the hiring manager':
- Why have you applied for the role?
- What three things do you believe the ideal candidate will demonstrate?
Closing Date is Sunday 2 June 2019
As one team we take responsibility for reducing the negative impacts our actions and activities have on the environment and our local community; something we feel is right and is our way of life.