Pharmacy Stores Assistant
Pharmacy Stores Assistant
Salary: £17,979 per annum
37.5 hours per week - Monday to Friday
(Daily 7.5 hour shifts to be worked between 8am and 8pm)
About the company
Our client is a specialist pharmacy and clinical homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater convenience to patients whilst delivering efficiencies to the NHS. The compounded drugs used in its drug services are provided by its sister company, which also produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic illness or in need of pain relief.
They have recently invested in a new, multi-million pound manufacturing and office facility in Corsham Science Park in Wiltshire, just 5 miles from Chippenham and 8 miles from Bath. On offer is an unrivalled opportunity to join a successful, expanding company with a great team spirit.
About the role
They are looking to recruit a pharmacy stores assistant to support their pharmacy and homecare team, deliver an exceptional service to patients and their representatives.
The role will entail, but not be exclusive to:
- Co-ordinating and perform packing and dispatch of all orders to various delivery agents
- Packing medication into appropriate packaging including validated cold chain shippers
- Performing critical safety tasks including reconciliation of orders and manifest documents
- Using MS Office and delivery booking software to create consignment and manifest reports
- Stock control responsibilities:
- Using current systems to minimise losses and ensure efficient stock rotation
- Stock on shelf and monitoring stock levels
- Expiry date checking
- Stock rotation
- Ordering and receipt of stock
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) at all times
- Assist in the day to day operations of the dispensary when required
- To maintain cleanliness of stores area
- To liaise with dispensary team members and support when required
The company believes in developing their staff, which is why it is important to ensure anyone joining the team have the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to follow strict processes and procedures is essential.
- Must be computer literate with experience in all Microsoft packages,
- Have a high attention to detail
- Have a flexible working approach
- Be motivated and reliable with a good work ethic
- Be a team player
You must have a full, clean driving licence. Previous warehouse experience is essential for this role but pharmaceutical experience would be desirable along with the desire to ensure patient safety comes first. The candidate will be required to undergo an accredited training program to understand the regulatory framework for pharmacy and develop skills for ensuring safe management of pharmacy stock.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your knowledge in the homecare setting and to contribute for a positive patient experience. Due to the nature of the company and this position all successful candidates will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) application.
- 29 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 34 days with service
- Company bonus scheme upon successful completion of probation
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast, fruit and outdoor gym
Commit to excellence. Join their team “Where patients come first”.
How to apply
If you would like to apply, please do so with a covering letter and CV ASAP.
Closing date for applications is – 16th June 2019. Interviews will take place on Tuesday 25th June 2019.