Children's Activities Assistant
Bedruthan is a multi-award winning hotel and spa set into a cliff above Mawgan Porth Beach on the North Cornwall coast.
Our hotel has been cherished and nurtured by two generations of the same family for over 50 years to give our guests memorable holidays in this uniquely beautiful place.
Bedruthan is set in a natural playground with the beach just below us and some amazing facilities at the hotel itself. You can stroll along the foreshore, get a surf lesson or two and walk the cliff path to Bedruthan Steps – one of the north coast’s most dramatic beauty spots.
The Childcare Team are extremely passionate about providing and delivering an action packed, resourceful programme of events to delight, excite and entertain. Whether this is children’s birthday parties, discos, pantomimes, arts and crafts, wake up & shake ups, slip and slides - no two days in The Beehive are ever the same!
As we cater for babies and children up to 12 years old within our Clubs, you will need to be able to communicate effectively with all age groups and not be afraid to get down to their level, whether it be rolling around with the babies, leading a club of head-strong ‘almost' teens and everything in between. As a Host, you will need to be confident in dealing and speaking with parents as well as colleagues.
Our team work a variety of shifts during the day, evening and weekends 7 days a week.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver activities programme for children up to 12 years old
- Maintain set standards of activity clubs and stock with age appropriate, exciting equipment
- Written and electronic administration
- Excellent communication
You will need to have a Level 2 or 3 qualification or similar in Childcare Studies or links with children through sport, dance or drama.
Excellent written and verbal English skills as well as an awareness of Health and Safety are essential. You will fit in really well with the team if you have a flexible attitude, a creative and active mind as well as plenty of energy and enthusiasm.
- Get to work with our transport service between Newquay and Mawgan Porth for £1
- £8.25-£8.50 per hour includes probationary rate
- 18-40 hours per weeks
- Permanent and casual contracts available
- 28 days holiday per year
- Temporary live-in accommodation available
- 50% discount on restaurant food during shift
- Free use of swimming pool and tennis court
- Access to gym
- Development and training
- Discounts on hotel services and products
- Many more perks
Wish you were here? Please use the “apply” link to submit your CV and let us know your answers to our questions in the 'message to hiring manager'.
1. What’s your favourite children’s book and why?
2. You have a group of 4 year olds, what activity would you like to do with them?
You will need to confirm that you are eligible to live and work in the U.K. Direct applications only.
Closing Date: Wednesday 3 July 2019
Start Date: available immediately
As one team we take responsibility for reducing the negative impacts our actions and activities have on the environment and our local community; something we feel is right and is our way of life.