News Reporter - Mirror Online
Are you ready to take the next step up the journalism career ladder to join the reporting team of one of the UK's biggest news websites? Mirror are looking for an outstanding news reporter to work with our exclusives desk and help drive forward the Mirror's extensive editorial content and digital presence.
We are looking for a talented, passionate, experienced and versatile journalist who can dig out the hidden potential in stories. We want someone who delivers daily exclusives that everybody is talking about and who thrives working in an exciting, fast-paced newsroom environment.
The ideal candidate will have reporting/ newsdesk experience on regional papers, at an agency or on a national newspaper/website. You will be adept at writing and bringing in a wide-range of engaging human interest and hard-hitting exclusive news stories, filing fast, accurate copy and know what works for a digital audience
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
We average 21 million mobile visitors - that's 60% of the entire mobile market. Each month we attract over 32 million unique visitors. That's more than our competitors. You will help us further increase our digital audience into 2019.
- Chase the biggest stories of the day as well as following through tips to secure exclusive content to ensure Mirror stays a step ahead of our rivals
- Work with the exclusives desk to produce the biggest news scoops and improve the quality and quantity of our original content
- Find, write and develop stories that will appeal to a UK and global web audience
- Be able to work under pressure and produce content containing the best words, pictures and video
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 12 months experience at a national, regional title or news agency, with a track record of delivering exclusives
- The ability to spot the hidden potential in stories
- Knowledge of and experience using recognised search tools
- First rate communication skills, both written and verbal
- A proven love of news and a flair for writing an attention-grabbing web-friendly headline
- Excellent web and social media skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working across multiple stories
- Exceptional media law knowledge
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at