Harcombe House, Chudleigh
The Fire Fighters Charity is the organisation that supports the mental, physical and social needs of the members of the UK Fire and Rescue Service community. We recognise that no two people requesting our support do so for the same reason and tailor our service to achieve the best results for each of our beneficiaries.
When the rescuers need it the most, we rescue them.
As part of our UK-wide range of support services, Harcombe House in the heart of Devon is a rural facility offering accommodation and services to help our beneficiaries recover from a physically damaging or mentally traumatising experience.
We’re now looking for an Exercise Therapist to join our team on a full time basis.
- Salary of £26,370 per annum
- Competitive benefits package
- Take on a rewarding role helping the UK fire and rescue services community
This is a brilliant opportunity to join us at an exciting time in our evolution. We’re currently developing our services to ensure we’re meeting the changing needs of our beneficiaries within the current climate of increasing long term and mental health conditions.
In this exciting role, you will have the chance to facilitate the success of these services and support individuals who have gone above and beyond to keep their communities safe.
As an Exercise Therapist, you’ll help to provide rehabilitation to the Fire and Rescue Service community through specific exercise programmes, health education workshops and group exercise sessions.
Your role will involve:
- Completing telephone assessments to identify the needs of beneficiaries
- Delivering individual and group sessions
- Providing support to beneficiaries face-to-face, via the telephone and through digital communications
To join us as an Exercise Therapist, you’ll need:
- Previous experience of working with a variety of client groups and conditions, including working with clients with musculoskeletal, neurological and long-term conditions
- Experience of delivering group sessions
- A degree (or equivalent) in a sports or exercise related discipline with elements of at least two of the following: Exercise Physiology, Exercise Psychology, Exercise for Special Populations, Health Promotion or Principles of Training
Other titles for this role may include Rehabilitation Therapist, Sports Therapist, Exercise & Rehabilitation Therapist, Physical Therapist, Health Programme Co-ordinator or Exercise Therapy Co-ordinator.
This is a full time role, working 37.5 hours per week.
The closing date for applications is the 21st June 2019. We reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the closing date should we receive a suitable number of applications.
This role involves regulated activity and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To find out more about The Fire Fighters Charity, please visit our website.
The Charity is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. When recruiting our new team members, regardless of the role, we are looking for people who share our values to help us to achieve our strategic plan.
So, if you’re seeking a rewarding role as an Exercise Therapist, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.