Student PCB Designer / Trainee Printed Circuit Board Designer
Job Title: Student PCB Designer
Location: Whiteparish, Salisbury
Job Type: Full time, Permanent (Monday- Friday 8:30am-5)
The Company is a market-leading electronics company with an exciting new role. Based in Whiteparish, they are looking for Student PCB Designers to learn the necessary skills to design Printed Circuit Boards working alongside their existing team.
Full training will be given allowing you to become responsible for the design of new and the maintenance of existing PCBs for their products.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Learn how to design PCBs, ranging from simple single sided to complex multi-layer structures
- Learn how to create component library parts and understand the importance of good library management
- Learn schematic capture, so you can enter circuit diagrams from information provided by hardware engineers
- Learn how to create 3D models of designs for integration into mechanical designs;
- Learn what data is required for PCB manufacture
- Learn what data is required for product assembly ensuring that drawings and component lists are loaded correctly
- You will be using Pulsonix Schematic Capture and PCB Design Software
The ideal Candidate will have/ be:
- 6th Form/College Graduate with Level 2 in Maths and Science/Level 3 education
- A desire to learn about electronic circuit design and electronic product development
- Able to work well and effectively with teams as well as individually
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good time management
- Balanced view of perfection vs. speed
They offer training and support, career development, and an attractive salary and benefits package.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Any approach from employment agencies will result in deselection from future recruitment opportunities.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Graduate Design Engineer, Graduate Designer, PCB Design Technician, Programming, Firmware Development, Hardware Developer, PCB Designer, Product Development Technician, PCB Technician, PCB Development Technician, Design Technician, Design and Application Technician, Project Design Trainee, Design Trainee, Product Design Engineer, Design Improvement Technician, Product Development Trainee, Application Engineer may also be considered for this role.