Patient Services Administrator
PATIENT SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR
Salary: £17,979 per annum
Working Hours: 37.5 per week, between 08:00 & 20:00 Monday to Friday, (including Saturday’s on a rota basis)
About the company
Our client is a specialist pharmacy and clinical homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater convenience to patients whilst delivering efficiencies to the NHS. The compounded drugs used in its drug services are provided by its sister company, which also produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic illness or in need of pain relief.
They have recently invested in a new, multi-million pound manufacturing and office facility in Corsham Science Park in Wiltshire, just 5 miles from Chippenham and 8 miles from Bath. On offer is an unrivalled opportunity to join a successful, expanding company with a great team spirit.
About the role
Our client is looking to recruit Patient Services Administrators to support their homecare team, being an essential point of contact with patients or their representatives.
The role will entail, but not exclusive to:
- Contacting patients by telephone or email to arrange deliveries
- Scheduling deliveries to patients via 3rd party subcontracted logistics
- Maintaining accurate electronic records of calls to and received from patients within the company Patient Management System
- Handling documentation including patient registration forms and prescriptions
- Active management of prescription orders
- Performing accuracy checks upon receipt of prescriptions and other documentation
- Handling patient and customer queries
Our client believes in developing their staff, which is why it is important to ensure anyone joining the team have the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to follow strict processes and procedures is essential
- Must be computer literate with experience in all Microsoft packages
- Have a high attention to detail
- Have a flexible working approach
- Be competent at call handling
- Be motivated and reliable with a good work ethic
- Be a team player
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your knowledge in the homecare setting and to contribute for a positive patient experience. Due to the nature of the company and this position all successful candidates will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) application.
In return they offer rewards and benefits including:
- 29 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 34 days with service
- Company bonus scheme upon successful completion of probation
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast, fruit and outdoor gym
Commit to excellence. Join their team “Where patients come first”.
How to apply
Please apply with a covering letter and CV.
Closing date for applications is ongoing due to the company’s continued growth.