Befriending Volunteer Coordinator
Befriending Volunteer Co-ordinator
Full Time role: 35 hours per week
Contract: Fixed Term Contract – 12 months
Annual Salary: £25,214 per annum
Annual Leave: 25 days per year + Bank Holidays
Will you promote wellbeing, strive for excellence, treat people with respect? If the answer is yes, look no further.
What are the duties?
- Managing existing and the recruitment of volunteers
- To provide on-going support and development for all volunteers
- Focusing on volunteer led activities and events
- Supporting with the Coordination of referrals for the service and assessing new clients
- Matching clients to volunteers
- Supporting with monthly outing for clients
- Using the database to record client, volunteer & event information
- Providing information (statistics, case studies etc.) to be used in fundraising applications and to other stakeholders at the charity via the Service Manager.
What skills do I need?
We require you to have volunteer management and recruitment experience as well as excellent written and oral skills for communication and understanding. Experience using databases and Microsoft Office is also essential. We would like you to have experience working with older people and an understanding of the issues they may face. We’ll provide you all the outstanding training and tools that you need; all we ask is a willingness to learn and a genuine enthusiasm to encourage others to live their lives to the full.
Why work for us?
We’re proud to say many of our staff have been with us for more than 10 years and some for more than 20. We are committed to investing in our teams, which is why we offer a great list of employee benefits specifically with you in mind:
- Excellent training
- Retail discounts – save money and earn points at over 3,500 retailers
- Recommend-a-friend scheme – earn £250 for each referral
- Long service awards
- Health Cash Plan & Employee Assistance Programme
Friends of the Elderly has been supporting and caring for older people since 1905. Over a century later, Friends of the Elderly is working to ensure that all older people have the opportunity to live fulfilled and respected lives.
Deadline for applications: 19th June 2019
Interview Date: 25th June 2019
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the 'Apply' button to be directed to the FOTE website where you can download the job description and complete your application for this position.
Friends of the Elderly is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
No agencies please.