Do you have a talent for creating exciting multimedia content across social media feeds? Can you drive engagement with target audiences?
If so, this is a great opportunity to make a positive impact on an innovative not-for-profit organisation’s digital presence as a Digital Officer.
Discovery is a passionate, people-focused support and care organisation that enables people with learning disabilities and autism to lead better lives with more choice and control.
We support around 900 people across Somerset and their families, providing care, support and accommodation. Putting people at the centre of everything we do, we place value on everyone’s unique contribution, whether they are those we support, their families or our colleagues.
We’re now looking for a Digital Officer to join our growing Communications team.
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer ongoing development opportunities and the strongest possible prospects, plus a range of great benefits including:
- Salary between £20,000 to £25,000 dependent on experience
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Access to discounts on high street shopping, cinema tickets and meals out
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee assistance programme
- Pension scheme
- Long service awards
- Life assurance
As our Digital Officer, you will create interesting and compelling social media content and grow and engage our digital audiences.
In this exciting role, your duties will involve:
- Creating and curating content that meets our communications priorities
- Updating our website
- Managing and maintaining our email marketing activity
- Supporting ongoing functionality, content and design improvements
- Reporting on all aspects of our digital performance
To join us as our Digital Officer, you’ll need:
- Demonstrable experience of creating compelling content for social media and websites
- Experience of running specific social media campaigns, such as ongoing recruitment and audience specific campaigns
- A track record of managing email marketing activity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Other companies may call this role Communications Assistant, Digital Marketing Assistant, Social Media Executive, Social Media Co-ordinator, Digital Engagement Co-ordinator or Online Marketing Executive.
This is a full time role, working 37.5 hours per week. For the right candidate, we may be able to offer this role on a part time basis.
Discovery are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from everyone.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, rewarding challenge as a Digital Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.